What is up with the B/W color scheme, and hyperlinking?

The new black on white color scheme is not as easy to follow. And the previously visited threads are no longer as easy to pick out. Why the change? I thought it looked fine and better differentiated before.

The other change that I'm scratching my head about is the hyperlinking. Looks like the hyperlinks are now coded to only display the title of the webpage, rather than the actual URL.

With the new color scheme and the hyperlinks hiding the URL, it's actually impossible to visually tell where a link actually exists. No color contrasts, no underscores. It just looks like any other text, so the reader can't tell that there's a link unless they actually mouse-over it.
    Wooch's Home Theater 2.0 (Pics)
    Panasonic VIERA TH-C50FD18 50" 1080p
    Paradigm Reference Studio 40, CC, and 20 v.2
    Adire Audio Rava (EQ: Behringer Feedback Destroyer DSP1124)
    Yamaha RX-A1030
    Dual CS5000 (Ortofon OM30 Super)
    Sony UBP-X800
    Sony Playstation 3 (MediaLink OS X Server)
    Sony ES SCD-C2000ES
    JVC HR-S3912U
    Directv HR44 and WVB
    Logitech Harmony 700
    iPhone 5s/iPad 3
    Linksys WES610

The Neverending DVD/BD Collection

Subwoofer Setup and Parametric EQ Results *Dead Link*

Suspended
    It's called progress and the people who come up with this stuff probably don't even post on any of the boards.

Reminds me of when I worked designing and building custom machines. We would get the specs and direction from bean counters and managers and when the machines were delivered and setup we always got hit with a ton of "why is this here? - Why isn't the kill switch there so we can get to it? - Why, why why?" The bean counters and managers never give a single thought to the poor schmuck on the floor that actually has to run and maintain the machines.

Charm Thai™
    Agreed Wooch it's definitely less friendly but after the horrific screen area devouring Reviews/Articles/News/Facebook pane made it's obtrusive appearance on the right side of the forum a while back any other changes good/bad don't really matter to me.

EDIT: Sorry for the rant but oh my goodness i hate that thing.
    Last edited by TheHills44060; 08-10-2011 at 06:21 AM.

Yeah - the change was out of my hands - but I've got to clean up the forums to match the rest of the site - I'll get it worked out today. Sorry for the trouble.

Administrator Site Administrator
    How is that coloring?

-adam (wrong account...but anyways - easier to see?)

Suspended
    I am still having issues with new coloring scheme.

Threads with a new entry should be turning blue so you know it has a new post in it. I am noticing that some are turning blue while others with new posts remain gray until you mouse over it, then it is blue during the mouse over.

Another issue is that several times now I have typed out a long post and hit the Reply button only to get a message about a security token and I lose everything I have typed.

Thirdly, can you put back the option to see the posts from last 24 hours when there is nothing new since last click?

Thanks!

Forum Regular
    thanks! friendly on the eyes!

Quote Originally Posted by Hyfi View Post
    I am still having issues with new coloring scheme.

Threads with a new entry should be turning blue so you know it has a new post in it. I am noticing that some are turning blue while others with new posts remain gray until you mouse over it, then it is blue during the mouse over.

Another issue is that several times now I have typed out a long post and hit the Reply button only to get a message about a security token and I lose everything I have typed.

Thirdly, can you put back the option to see the posts from last 24 hours when there is nothing new since last click?

Thanks!
    Hyfi -

I'll work in the color issues Monday.

I think some setting got changed when we upgraded and even more so when we installed vbSEO.

But about this security token issue - can you describe more. What browser you are using, how long is the post, if it happens again can you post the error for me?

I'll talk to IT about that ASAP.

-adam

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicAdam View Post
    Hyfi -

I'll work in the color issues Monday.

I think some setting got changed when we upgraded and even more so when we installed vbSEO.

But about this security token issue - can you describe more. What browser you are using, how long is the post, if it happens again can you post the error for me?

I'll talk to IT about that ASAP.

-adam
    Adam,

It looks like if I posted in a thread, they are the ones that show gray until mouse over then turn blue.

I use Firefox but may be having an issue with my work PC. I'll let you know if it happens again and I am home.

I still can't view any Stickies.

Thanks!

Administrator Site Administrator
    I've changed the colors again - Hyfi do an F5 refresh to make sure your computer has the new css.

-adam

Thread Information