• 08-11-2010, 06:25 AM
    ForeverAutumn
    What does a grey chicklet mean?
    Some one gave me a chicklet with a positive comment. The chiclet is grey. Why?
  • 08-11-2010, 06:30 AM
    markw
    I could be wrong, but I believe it's from a newbie who doesn't have enough rep/clout yet to give a "real" chicklet.
  • 08-11-2010, 06:39 AM
    JohnMichael
    Quote:

Originally Posted by markw
    I could be wrong, but I believe it's from a newbie who doesn't have enough rep/clout yet to give a "real" chicklet.

Most excellent response.
  • 08-11-2010, 07:05 AM
    ForeverAutumn
    Thanks for the responses. It was from a long-standing member, but I guess he just doesn't hand out or recieve the chicklets very often. :)
  • 08-11-2010, 07:09 AM
    poppachubby
    It's meant to protect you from someone creating a new account and affecting you negatively. On the flip side, someone trying to bolster their own account positively.
  • 08-11-2010, 07:17 AM
    JohnMichael
    Quote:

Originally Posted by poppachubby
    It's meant to protect you from someone creating a new account and affecting you negatively. On the flip side, someone trying to bolster their own account positively.

Oh Poppa what kind of person would do such a thing? Okay I will let it go now.
  • 08-11-2010, 08:11 AM
    Sir Terrence the Terrible
    Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnMichael
    Oh Poppa what kind of person would do such a thing? Okay I will let it go now.

I think many of us already know the answer to that question :yesnod:
  • 08-11-2010, 08:13 AM
    Sir Terrence the Terrible
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    Some one gave me a chicklet with a positive comment. The chiclet is grey. Why?

I got one not too long ago. They did not identify themselves which is cool.
  • 08-11-2010, 08:16 AM
    GMichael
    What's a chicklet? Is that a small chicken?
  • 08-11-2010, 08:50 AM
    JohnMichael
    Quote:

Originally Posted by GMichael
    What's a chicklet? Is that a small chicken?

Or a young woman who has not reached the age of majority.
  • 08-11-2010, 09:09 AM
    GMichael
    Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnMichael
    Or a young woman who has not reached the age of majority.

Oh, like a minor-chick?
  • 08-11-2010, 11:47 AM
    poppachubby
    I just call them girlfriends.
  • 08-11-2010, 11:56 AM
    GMichael
    Quote:

I just call them girlfriends.

15 will get you 20.
  • 08-11-2010, 11:59 AM
    poppachubby
    Quote:

Originally Posted by GMichael
    15 will get you 20.

No, no it's actually not that bad. I\'ll PM you the specifics and we'll go out some night. My lawyer is a genius, don't worry so much.
  • 08-11-2010, 12:47 PM
    GMichael
    Quote:

No, no it's actually not that bad. I\'ll PM you the specifics and we'll go out some night. My lawyer is a genius, don't worry so much.

My wife would kill me, chop me into pieces, jump up and down on the pieces, throw the pieces in a fire and then piss on me to put me out. Then she'd take my baby away.
  • 08-11-2010, 03:21 PM
    bobsticks
    Quote:

Originally Posted by markw

Yes, a very succinct explanation.

The confusing part comes in when weighing the intent...par exemple: I received a "grey goose" from the nom de plume of a longtime regular (under the pseudonym). I know it was positive because of that character's comments in the adjoining thread. Further, the same individual has given me both greenies and reddies and done so on a level basis with reasonable criticism, devoid of personal bias. That, I have no problem with.

The problem lies herein: There are several longstanding members that have multiple screen names for viable reasons (work, multiple IPCs, etc...) They have had them for years with no nefarious aim.

We have all seen what can happen when individuals act from different objectives.

This certainly makes it hard to maintain a level of consistency and has been the topic of much private debate amongst the moderators.
  • 08-12-2010, 02:16 PM
    3LB
    so, the only chicklets we see are when its accompanied by a comment?

is there a way to see all the greenies? or reddies?

I have a blueberry chicklet
  • 08-12-2010, 02:36 PM
    ForeverAutumn
    Quote:

Originally Posted by 3LB
    so, the only chicklets we see are when its accompanied by a comment?

is there a way to see all the greenies? or reddies?

I have a blueberry chicklet

No. You can see them even if there are no comments. And you can see which post the chicklet (good, bad, or grey) came from. On the top left of your screen, click on User CP. You'll be able to see your chicklet history.

BTW, yours was the grey one. Dude, you need to earn more credibility in this place. :wink5:
  • 08-12-2010, 02:55 PM
    3LB
    Quote:

BTW, yours was the grey one. Dude, you need to earn more credibility in this place. :wink5:

I guess I also need to spread more love around
    as I try to give some a chicklet but can't. So I guess instead logging in under an older moniker to do so, I should just spread some feined praise around arbritarily to random posters, so that I can give real praise to those I actually want. As to my low status... meh.
  • 08-12-2010, 03:18 PM
    ForeverAutumn
    Quote:

Originally Posted by 3LB
    I guess I also need to spread more love around...

Yeah, AR likes it when you're slutty. :ihih:
  • 08-12-2010, 04:09 PM
    3LB
    Quote:

No. You can see them even if there are no comments. And you can see which post the chicklet (good, bad, or grey) came from. On the top left of your screen, click on User CP. You'll be able to see your chicklet history.

nope, I only can see the last 5, and I know before I had a blue one, and a couple of red ones, and now I can't see them
  • 08-12-2010, 04:13 PM
    poppachubby
    Quote:

You superpowered beacon's of light need to cough up some love. I am pretty sure the way it works, is that the more rep you have, the greater the value your chicklets have too. I am tired of being on a good path, or whatever it is.
  • 08-12-2010, 04:16 PM
    poppachubby
    OK 3LB, I just helped you get your third rep chicklet. You can thank me later.
  • 08-12-2010, 04:19 PM
    Auricauricle
    I think the grey chicklets are the ones that have been left outta the refrigerator too long. Smell funny, too....I'd send it back for a refund or something.
  • 08-12-2010, 04:26 PM
    3LB
    Quote:

OK 3LB, I just helped you get your third rep chicklet. You can thank me later.

I think I already hit ya - it was labeled 'obligatory'

Dang, now I went and spread too much love in a 24 hour period:frown2: