How about switching.....

post reply.................and......................... Linear Hybrid

I find I'm responding with a quote [bottom of post] when I meant to respond to another poster higher up.

I think if view options were on the left where we start, and the "post reply" were on the right top and bottom under "reply with post" I wouldn't make that mistake as often.

Hmmm... maybe cause I'm a lefty?
    TinHere

Enjoying a virtual life.

Quote Originally Posted by TinHere
    post reply.................and......................... Linear Hybrid

I find I'm responding with a quote [bottom of post] when I meant to respond to another poster higher up.

I think if view options were on the left where we start, and the "post reply" were on the right top and bottom under "reply with post" I wouldn't make that mistake as often.

Hmmm... maybe cause I'm a lefty?
    Actually, it's almost better that you use the Reply w/ Quote link more than the standard Reply button - especially if you are responding to a post in a thread other than the original. The reason being, when you reply with a quote, your post is stored in the database as a reply to a specific post, and it saves that order for the Threaded view. If nobody used the Reply w/Quote link, there would be no need for the threaded view at all, since all responses would be to the original post.

Does that make sense?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris
    Actually, it's almost better that you use the Reply w/ Quote link more than the standard Reply button - especially if you are responding to a post in a thread other than the original. The reason being, when you reply with a quote, your post is stored in the database as a reply to a specific post, and it saves that order for the Threaded view. If nobody used the Reply w/Quote link, there would be no need for the threaded view at all, since all responses would be to the original post.

Does that make sense?
    Yes it makes sense. I just thought having both options one after the other on the right would be a reminder as I seem to hit the "quote with reply" button almost automatically because it is right at the corner where posts often end. No problem if it's just me, I'll adjust.
    TinHere

Enjoying a virtual life.

Thread Information