Chris, could we have the "Now Playing" feature activated?

Several music sites using the same software package include the "Now Playing" feature to highlight whatever album is on at that particular time. It would be a nice addition to Rave Recs and would probably translate fairly well across the rest of the forums as well.

I'm sure you know what I mean but if not you can see it in action at this forum: http://www.electroculturemagazine.com/forum/index.php

OK, I've been informed that that link uses different software but this site also has the feature and it's vbulletin as well.
    http://www.radiomute.com

Whether you can or not I don't know but I appreciate you giving it some thought.

Regards,
    jc
    Last edited by Jim Clark; 01-15-2004 at 09:45 AM.
    "Ahh, cartoons! America's only native art form. I don't count jazz 'cuz it sucks"- Bartholomew J. Simpson

I don't see this feature on the RadioMute site you linked to. I did see it on the other site though. We can look into this. It doesn't seem to be a setting - it's more of a hack. Not a difficult hack, but it may take some time since we're still working on getting our other sites transitioned to vBulletin. You'll have to give us some time before we can start adding more cool features on top of what vbulletin already offers. We're looking forward to it, but we need to get all of our other sites moved over first.

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I'm assuming you have other duties to attend to and don't plan on running a stopwatch on the project. It was simply and idea and it seemed like it might be easy enough to do. You are correct that it's not very visible at Radiomute, primarily because not many people there use it, but it is there and it's available on every post.

Good luck getting everyone else online.

jc
    "Ahh, cartoons! America's only native art form. I don't count jazz 'cuz it sucks"- Bartholomew J. Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Clark
    Thanks for taking the time to reply. I'm assuming you have other duties to attend to and don't plan on running a stopwatch on the project. It was simply and idea and it seemed like it might be easy enough to do. You are correct that it's not very visible at Radiomute, primarily because not many people there use it, but it is there and it's available on every post.

Good luck getting everyone else online.

jc
    Can you point out where this feature is on the radiomute site? or do you have to be registered/logged in to see it?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris
    Can you point out where this feature is on the radiomute site? or do you have to be registered/logged in to see it?
    http://www.radiomute.com/t7948.html

The 8'th post down has the "Listened to" insert. To see the implementation you may have to be logged in but I'll try cutting and pasting what I see:

What are you listening to?

I guess the box doesn't show. Anyway, that's the basic idea although the implementation is way better (read cooler) at electro culture!

jc

Thread Information