How about switching.....

Printable View

• 11-19-2003, 09:58 PM
    TinHere
    How about switching.....
    post reply.................and......................... Linear Hybrid

I find I'm responding with a quote [bottom of post] when I meant to respond to another poster higher up.

I think if view options were on the left where we start, and the "post reply" were on the right top and bottom under "reply with post" I wouldn't make that mistake as often.

Hmmm... maybe cause I'm a lefty?
  • 11-20-2003, 08:30 AM
    Chris
    Quote:

Originally Posted by TinHere
    post reply.................and......................... Linear Hybrid

I find I'm responding with a quote [bottom of post] when I meant to respond to another poster higher up.

I think if view options were on the left where we start, and the "post reply" were on the right top and bottom under "reply with post" I wouldn't make that mistake as often.

Hmmm... maybe cause I'm a lefty?

Actually, it's almost better that you use the Reply w/ Quote link more than the standard Reply button - especially if you are responding to a post in a thread other than the original. The reason being, when you reply with a quote, your post is stored in the database as a reply to a specific post, and it saves that order for the Threaded view. If nobody used the Reply w/Quote link, there would be no need for the threaded view at all, since all responses would be to the original post.

Does that make sense?
  • 11-20-2003, 09:07 AM
    TinHere
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris
    Actually, it's almost better that you use the Reply w/ Quote link more than the standard Reply button - especially if you are responding to a post in a thread other than the original. The reason being, when you reply with a quote, your post is stored in the database as a reply to a specific post, and it saves that order for the Threaded view. If nobody used the Reply w/Quote link, there would be no need for the threaded view at all, since all responses would be to the original post.

Does that make sense?

Yes it makes sense. I just thought having both options one after the other on the right would be a reminder as I seem to hit the "quote with reply" button almost automatically because it is right at the corner where posts often end. No problem if it's just me, I'll adjust.