Suspended

Consider your signature wisely

I was lazy and tried to find an online manual for my processor via a Google search, when I discovered right on the front page was 2 or 3 links to various posts here on AR. Google had picked up the model number out of my signature here. I removed my equipment list as a courtesy to others who may be wanting to search something about a product I might have. This could be a good thing for AR, people stumbling across them by accident.

I never thought about what all the Google or other search engines may pick up on. I just thought I'd share this in case anyone wanted to alter their current signature, or exploit it

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    I had a similar experience when I was using google for some reviews on a product I had purchased. Something I had written was on the second page. It is fun to google my different screen names for different web-sites to which I contribute. If you post it you will find it out there. It was a good lesson.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

I was searching for some info on your phono pre one day, and your signature was always on top of search results

Suspended
    Did you find the info? www.acousticsounds.com carry them.

I sure did, but first 2,3 top search results was your signature on AR.com.

Is AR that big now? Maybe I should be afraid....

Suspended
    I don't know if we are that big or maybe a couple of my pieces are too obscure to have much out there. I'm a little concerned about the site actually, our HT forum once was very busy, now it's almost dead. And the same with most of the others.

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    I wonder if too many people are outdoors enjoying the summer. Other sites I enjoy are slow.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

Suspended
    Thanks for the encouragement. It could be that. It could also be that there just isn't much new to spark interest. The HD threads seem to keep pretty busy.

Thread Information