Question Choosing the display mode

I'm having trouble getting the posts to display in the format that I like. I don't know if I just can't find the right setting, or if it's an installation default that I don't have the capability to change.

I selected the hybrid format, but when I click on a thread title, I always get ONLY the detail for the last post. I really want ALL the detail, plus the hierarchical display (which I DO get). Getting to the start of a thread that I've never browsed is the intention, so that I can read all, from start to finish. Instead, I'm only seeing the most recent post and I have to go through hoops to read what I missed. Am I doing something wrong, or is it just setup this way?

Also, on another board that offers vBulletin, the emails that are issued when someone responds to a subscribed thread actually contain the post of the response. Is this a selectable option? I like it a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by jeskibuff
    I'm having trouble getting the posts to display in the format that I like. I don't know if I just can't find the right setting, or if it's an installation default that I don't have the capability to change.

I selected the hybrid format, but when I click on a thread title, I always get ONLY the detail for the last post. I really want ALL the detail, plus the hierarchical display (which I DO get). Getting to the start of a thread that I've never browsed is the intention, so that I can read all, from start to finish. Instead, I'm only seeing the most recent post and I have to go through hoops to read what I missed. Am I doing something wrong, or is it just setup this way?

Also, on another board that offers vBulletin, the emails that are issued when someone responds to a subscribed thread actually contain the post of the response. Is this a selectable option? I like it a lot!
    I think it shows the most recent post when you actually click on one of the posts in the threaded tree. Otherwise, it should show the whole discussion. At least that's what I've noticed. I'll check it out though to see if I can clarify this issue.

Thread Information