AudioReview Forum FAQ

UPDATE 2011 06 15

- All new members must have 5 post in other threads before you can start your own thread.
    - No new member can post a link until you have posted 10 times.

- Admin

Taken from a previous post by one of our members:

Audio Review Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

The questions and answers within were compiled from AR posts on the old forum a good while ago now. The name in brackets is that of the person providing the answer.

These answers are meant as guidelines only for more detailed information on any issue you are advised to post specific questions on the appropriate forum.

What does “nt” mean?

“No Text”. It tells the readers all the information is in the subject line and there is no need to open the posting. (Pjay).

What does Troll mean?

Troll is a term for someone who writes a post to attempting to get a fight started or create controversy. (Pjay).

Why I am getting conflicting information on some of my questions?

This is an open forum and anyone can post. Many of the forum regulars are quite knowledgeable and helpful. Other people are new or will respond humorously. Some people are passionate about their equipment and will promote only that equipment. Audio is about finding what is best for you and not basing decisions solely on what other people think. Browse the posts here and you will see consistently good advice and learn to spot the questionable posts. The best advice is to use your own ears to decide and buy equipment within your price range. (Pjay).

Why don’t I get any answers to my post?

Posts that are too vague, seemingly obvious, or that have been answered many times generally get less response. Make sure you are posting in the right forum. Make sure you are asking a question that needs an answer. Your subject line should lead into the question. Subjects like “I need Help” or “Speakers” or “Comments Please” or “My System” rarely get responses. Also, your question may have been answered recently. Some questions are answered many times a week and people get tired of typing the same answer again and again. Go to the search engine and try searching the existing posts for question. (Pjay).

I tried the search engine and it took a long time to process so I gave up.

The search engine works best when it has a smaller focus. Search only one forum at a time. Don’t search through more than three months posts. Don’t click on the archives box unless you don’t find what you need using all other methods. Broad searches can take a number of minutes. (Pjay).

A lot of posts seem off topic, is that allowed?

The General forum is much more casual than many and off-topic posts are generally allowed, as long as the post meets the content and language rules. (Pjay).

The general board especially can be a good source of information on a wide range of off-topic subjects. (PeteintheUK)

What is the P&B

The P&B or “Pogue and Bone” is AR’s own virtual drinking establishment, frequented by most of the regulars on the general forum, and named after 2 of the more colourful regulars. Its origin is lost in the mists of time (as are the 2 rogues it’s named after). Things can get a little surreal and heated, however there are few finer (or more dangerous) places to be on a Friday evening for “Happy Hour”.

* Disclaimer: Anyone entering the P&B does so at their own risk, all federal and international laws relating to personal safety do not apply. The following guidelines should be followed at all times:

1. Never accept Pogue’s invitation to “See the back room”
    2. Carefully check the gender of anyone asking you to dance, all is not what it seems.
    3. Don’t talk to the guy in the raincoat who complains his groin is painful. He doesn’t really own any
    puppies either.
    4. Unless you’re a big fan of amateur acupuncture steer well clear of the dartboard.
    5. Never use the words “cable” and “difference” in the same sentence.
    6. If you’re a cute American female fed up with the local talent, you should try talking to the equally cute
    English guy drinking the warm beer.
    7. Its better not to know what’s in the chilli.
    8. Bone’s the boss, if he tells you to jump through the front window, it’s a good idea to follow the advice
    while you still have a choice.
    9. Never never change the music on the jukebox whilst Over50 is dancing.
    10. Still confused? Well just sup back a cold one and all will become clear. (PeteintheUK)

Suspended
    Truthfully, I feel this thread is no longer "Hot" either.

In fact, I think it's so cold no one will even notice my posts in either one of these threads.

Rep points are my LIFE!! Groundbeef's Avatar
    Wrong! I'm your number one fan Rich.
    Pioneer Reciever VSX-1015TX
    JBL Speakers
    Pioneer Plasma PDP-5071HD
    Xbox 360 (The Console to Own)
    Sony BDP-550
    DirecTV DVR HD20 Reciever
    1 Schnoodle
    2 Guinia Pigs

Suspended
    No! You're NOT getting any greenies from me, got it? Richie don't play dat.

BTW, in the event anyone else is checking this thread, if you scroll down to the bottom of the page, you'll notice a "Similar Threads" link that takes you to a page where you can fill in a form to become a moderator.

Hmmm...

My, how far the sheep have strayed.

Rep points are my LIFE!! Groundbeef's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich-n-Texas
    My, how far the sheep have strayed.
    I didn't know you were a sheep herder Rich. I thought you worked for TI. Huh. Well, better go get them before they get stolen.
    Pioneer Reciever VSX-1015TX
    JBL Speakers
    Pioneer Plasma PDP-5071HD
    Xbox 360 (The Console to Own)
    Sony BDP-550
    DirecTV DVR HD20 Reciever
    1 Schnoodle
    2 Guinia Pigs

Suspended
    Due to the fact that I have no girlfriend...

Question add to an already posted review??

is it possible if im the one who wrot eth ereview to go back and add more info about the product in review?

Forum Regular

new to site

Still learning how to manuver through the maze, but i'm confident I'll get there eventually. I have not found the place to say hello and give a brief synopsis of my background and system.

Quote Originally Posted by zolarsystem View Post
    Still learning how to manuver through the maze, but i'm confident I'll get there eventually. I have not found the place to say hello and give a brief synopsis of my background and system.
    Hi Zolarsystem -

Here is the welcome thread.

New member post padding thread....

Welcome

AR Newbie Registered Member
    I like to post a review to my speakers, but my speakers are not listed. How do you add a speaker to the list? Is there such a way? Thanks.

Thread Information