Suspended

Anything More Annoying Than This Spyware Pop Up Ar Is Allowing?!!

This is the most annoying pop up that has been on this site so far. I think if you click anything inside the small message box it brings the page back up. If I block pop ups AR doesn't allow access to the site. I have to wondr if the aggrevation is worth it.

That is why I surf the net (including AR) with my Browser's Java Script off. Never had pop-ups, and never will

DIYaudiophilehack
    Mr Pea- Which popup are you talking about? I've browsed this site with and without popup blocker, and with and without java. Never seen a popup.

Kursun
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Peabody
    This is the most annoying pop up that has been on this site so far. I think if you click anything inside the small message box it brings the page back up. If I block pop ups AR doesn't allow access to the site. I have to wondr if the aggrevation is worth it.
    Ever since I installed the service pack 2 for my WIN XP I don't see any pop ups. I agree that they were most annoying.

Mr Peabody,

Are you talking about "Do you wish to install 'Macromedia Flash Player 7'"?

This invasive spyware has locked up my work computer twice.

Eric, is this coming from this site?

Pete
    I fear explanations explanatory of things explained.
    Abraham Lincoln

Well, well. The hotlink on the word " Flash " goes to macromedia.

Brilliant, blankreview.com. If it happens to me here again after next Monday I'm gone.

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by piece-it pete
    Mr Peabody,

Are you talking about "Do you wish to install 'Macromedia Flash Player 7'"?

This invasive spyware has locked up my work computer twice.

Eric, is this coming from this site?

Pete
    Abraham Lincoln

I'm not sure what you guys are talking about. There is a pop up for flash player and it installs spyware? We don't install any spyware. what is the ad for?

any prompting to install flash is not spyware. Its just that, a prompt to install flash player. NOt sure where it is coming from. Maybe there is pop up ad using flash, but since you don't have flash, clicking on the ad prompts you to install it? Thats usually what happens when you click on some flash but don't have it installed.

you may have some spyware on your computer that affects your surfing, try ad aware:

http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/adaware/

-eric

Eric,

It's a do you want to download? window for Flash.

It just started happening recently. Only when I've got a window open here. No clicking, no nothing, it just pops up.

It always slows my 'puter down and has twice locked it up, even after I get out of explorer.

Mr. Peabody, is Flash what's happening to you?

Pete
    Abraham Lincoln

Smokey, how do you turn off java script?

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by piece-it pete
    Eric,

It's a do you want to download? window for Flash.

It just started happening recently. Only when I've got a window open here. No clicking, no nothing, it just pops up.

It always slows my 'puter down and has twice locked it up, even after I get out of explorer.

Mr. Peabody, is Flash what's happening to you?

Pete
    Abraham Lincoln

Eric, just fyi....

It is a popup at this site. It popped up when I hit "post reply". I've never bothered with a blocker, I just don't care and this site is the only one I frequent that has them.

I downloaded a free blocker but this one gets through. More, it does interfere with the operation of my computer, even when I'm not active here. I don't know why.

Will you look into it?

Pete
    Abraham Lincoln

I'll look at it.

Suspended
    First of all let m say it is sad that there are so many here we don't even know which one the other is talking about.

I'm talking about the Spyware Stormer. First a little warning box comes up, then no matter what you click on it brings up the big ad page. When I close the big ad page it brings up the little warning box again. I finally just had to leave it up behind this page. I installed Google Toolbar that is supposed to block pop ups but it failed it's first test miserably. I'll have to go back and make sure I have it set correctly.

AR must be making money off this. I don't see how someone can just attach crap to a website without permission and I'm sure that permission costs. Pop ups are annoying enough but this one won't go away when you try to close it. It's like the traveling salesman foot in the door trick.

Suspended

Yeah Baby!!!

Google is working now. I have been in and out of a couple areas now without a pop up. www.google.com click on "more>>" and then click on Google Toolbar and download. It's free and seems to work.

Thanks Mr. Peabody.

I haven't run into that particular thing, maybe the Spyware Blaster "shield" software is stopping that on mine.

I downloaded a free popup blocker, it only works occasionally (?) but regardless I'm no longer getting the trouble I had before. I got an update on AdAware too, Spybot hasn't had an upgrade in AGES.

Pete
    Abraham Lincoln

Hey Guys I am sorry you are getting this trouble. We don't to my knowledge have any ads that install spyware. I think it is some other kind of spyware or malware on your system exploiting something on our site, or it is some kind of setting in your browser.
    or its a flash pop up prompting you to download flash because you don't have it.

I assume you guys are using internet explorer. If so you guys should try mozilla firefox, it is a much better browser, loads faster, is far more immune to this kind of junk than IE. It is superior in so many ways, it is ridiculous.

If you see the ad again, could make a screen shot of it and give it to me or attach it here.
    Do this by highlighting the window, pressing ctrl+[print screen], then pasting into microsoft paint.

thanks,
    eric

this should make you guys happy

Thread Information