View Poll Results: Should all registered users have the capability to add new products to the database ?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

3 100.00%
  • NO

0 0%
    Forum Regular

Unhappy Is anybody out there?...equipment reviews-product update function is broken.

Where have the staff of AR gone? This site has been frustrating me to have a product added to the equipment review database. I have read that you are busy and I am a patient person, but I have made two requests for the same product in the past 2 months and still it has not been added. I even clicked the link to volunteer to add new products and I get an error at this link!!! Is this going to be the norm or is the staff going to find a solution to the backlog?

All I wanted posted was Denon DVD-2200 - DVD Player

I'm sure that based on the DVD-2900 being one of the most requested product reviews, the 2200 would not be too far behind. I see items added for products that no one has posted reviews or seen others that seem obscure.

Is there a way that the users can add the products ourselves in a form that can be designed by this sites content manager. This would allow us users to have our items added right away and would take the load off the staff at AR?

Are there any others out there that share my sentiments?

rad51

Nobody's listening

Amazing I was looking to ***** about the EXACT same thing as tweeter. But here it is since Nov 03. Hats off to you tweeter, couldnt have said it better myself even down to the player I want posted. However I do see a problem with letting people start new categories like a forum. As with most forums theres always bad apples. You may find 5 threads for the same piece of equipment or some punk posting and vandalizing for fun. Just clutter. What needs to be done is an equipment request form that people actually look at and follow up on within a week. Hell, pay me .25 per update and I'll do it with pics and descriptions.
    I just bought a Denon DVD-2200 myself and have ALOT to say about it but prefer not to post it in the DVD-2900 section. Been looking out for it since December.
    I actually hit this site at least 3 times a week and check ALL in the whats new section before I leave.
    Many companies seem to rely on these reviews and it seems strange there isnt a little more $ reinvesting into improving this site.

Randy

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    QUOTE=Tweeter]Where have the staff of AR gone? This site has been frustrating me to have a product added to the equipment review database. I have read that you are busy and I am a patient person, but I have made two requests for the same product in the past 2 months and still it has not been added. I even clicked the link to volunteer to add new products and I get an error at this link!!! Is this going to be the norm or is the staff going to find a solution to the backlog?

All I wanted posted was Denon DVD-2200 - DVD Player

I'm sure that based on the DVD-2900 being one of the most requested product reviews, the 2200 would not be too far behind. I see items added for products that no one has posted reviews or seen others that seem obscure.

Is there a way that the users can add the products ourselves in a form that can be designed by this sites content manager. This would allow us users to have our items added right away and would take the load off the staff at AR?

Are there any others out there that share my sentiments?[/QUOTE]

Forum Regular

...yep.......nobody home.....

I see other folks are also more frustrated than ever about this problem. The Site Admin repeats the lack of resources have dogged them. The owners/managers of this site are letting this site turn to cr*p. and should pump some resources into it before people lose interest and respect for it. This is how life works....

BTW, when did you get your Denon DVD-2200? I have both the 2200 and the 2900 at home right now and I am comparing the two. I will return one ..or maybe both of them within the next two weeks. I must say the 2900 outperforms the 2200 in audio performance. Other than that, they are similar. It would have been really helpful to have the 2200 on the review database so others could post their reviews but ...........

Regards

We're working on ways to allow our members help us add products so that this doesn't continue to be a problem. My apologies guys. DVD player has been added.

Forum Regular

Smile

Thanks Chris,

Glad to hear that you added the DVD player. I know it will be a popular product and will help many members and guests worldwide.

I would be all for a mechanism to allow us members to help to add products. Makes sense if it can be implemented.

I will be adding a review on this product shortly.

Regards,

Thread Information