AR Newbie Registered Member

Rockets By Onix ELT LRS?

Someone reccomended Onix Rockets ELT LRS speakers for my home theater instead of JBL e20s or Ventriloguist. They are only online and are not in stores, has any one else heard any good or bad things? I have a Sub and need the other 4 speakers plus the center channel.

Forum Regular
    I think most of the online companies offer a really good value and Onix falls within that group. The Ventriloquist system is a little gimmicky for my tastes.

I have never heard anything bad about the ELT's. There are alot of people of Avsforums, Av123.com forums, and hometheaterforum.com that love 'em.

I personally own 2 pr. of cherry-stained ELT's (with a rosewood CSE Center to be delivered by the Big_brown_truck_of_Happiness tommorow. I couldn't pass on the $109 price.. ). I'm just waiting on my Sound King speaker wire and Cse to get here so that I can hook them all up. I'll tell you one thing though, they look Fantastic! I doubt that you will find any speaker in this price range ($129 a pair) that look anywhere near as good as these babies do. Man, that cherry finish is gorgeous!! These things just reek of quality. My only quibble is that the speaker grilles were a little loose on mine. No worries, I just put a little electrical tape on the posts, and they fit nice and snug now..

Heck, the best thing is, if you don't like 'em, you can send them back within 30 days.. How can you go wrong with that??

Quote Originally Posted by Schuey2002

Heck, the best thing is, if you don't like 'em, you can send them back within 30 days.. How can you go wrong with that??
    Shipping?

Forum Regular
    Some of the Onix ELT speakers are 8 ohms and others are 6 ohms (specifically the center and surrounds). Would these be ok on a receiver that is rated for 8 ohms?

>>"Shipping?"<<

Heck, if I did send them back, it would only be about 20 bucks (Oregon to Colorado via UPS). I've spent waaaaaay more than that to send stuff back to the manufacturer.

Besides, I have a feeling that these babies ain't going anywhere.

nightflier

6ohm

Quote Originally Posted by elbarono
    Some of the Onix ELT speakers are 8 ohms and others are 6 ohms (specifically the center and surrounds). Would these be ok on a receiver that is rated for 8 ohms?
    Many manufacturers ship 6 ohm speakers for the center and/or surrounds. As a matter of fact, I checked my Axiom center and it is also 6 ohm. My HT receiver is only 50W and it is able to drive the center channel plenty loud. It should not be a problem as long as you have a decent receiver (on the affordable end, Onkyo, Denon, HK should be just fine; Sony, JVC, or Panasonic, may be pushing it).

I just picked up a pair of the ELT's, very nice finish, they have some quality to them especially for the price.

Thread Information