Thread: Tri Amping

Forum Regular

Tri Amping

Ihave 3 amp That would lik eto give some tri amp a go.
    I hope Ihave this setup correct.
    I have apre amp
    from thereinto the 3 amps.
    One amp fo highs mids and low end
    Justhave to figur out how t divide the cross overin speaker box to applypower to the 3 sspeakers .

IhpeI am doing this right as well
    pre amp into the 3 amps then into cross over points then to drivers .
    Have t find th epint on the CO net work so I can put amp to corret point before solder in place.
    Am I going abouthis in a safe correct manner
    James

I think i know what you are attempting to do but it depends on how your crossover is wired, Speakers made to be bi-amped or tri-amped have seperate crossovers electrically isolated from one another and use jumpers at the terminals to connect them so one amp can be used (this is called a parrallel crossover configuration). In your case if you only have one pair of terminals on the rear then chances are it may not be a parrallel but a series or a combination series/parrallel configuration. in which you would need to completely rewire the crossover to electrically isolate each driver and most likely ruin a competent crossover design. (you dont mention the speakers so its hard to say). Please...put the soldering gun down slowly and back away...slowly... let the amps and speakers live!
    Musical Fidelity A3.2 Integrated amp
    Musical Fidelity A3.2 CD
    Teac DS-H01 Dock
    Energy 22 Reference Connoisseur Speakers
    Cardas Cross and Cardas Hexlink Golden 5C
    Tara Labs RSC Reference Gen2

Forum Regular
    Go from the preamp to an active crossover 3 way stereo you can mono the sub if you want.This splits the signals to low,med,high. DBX makes cheap ones to very high end. then to 3 amps then to the 3 speakers. each speaker gets its own amp.

Thread Information