Forum Regular

Question RPTV Convergence Question

Hello everyone. I'm the happy owner of a new Hitachi 51" HD RPTV. After taking the time to tweak the convergence in the user menu the television seems to forget the settings after I turn the tv off 3 or 4 times. And it's usually not by a little. My question is this. On average, how often does convergence need to be set? It seems like a lot of tv's I see at the store that a lot of them need to have the convergence done. That's one thing I miss about the old tube tv's!!

Quote Originally Posted by newbsterv2
    Hello everyone. I'm the happy owner of a new Hitachi 51" HD RPTV. After taking the time to tweak the convergence in the user menu the television seems to forget the settings after I turn the tv off 3 or 4 times. And it's usually not by a little. My question is this. On average, how often does convergence need to be set? It seems like a lot of tv's I see at the store that a lot of them need to have the convergence done. That's one thing I miss about the old tube tv's!!
    I feel your pain on this one... About 3 years ago, I bought a Hitachi RPTV HD Monitor (but not the widescreen version) off the floor at Circuit City. Since the price was only $949 for a 43 inch standard sized screen (that could do widescreen mode) I felt I found the deal of the century... BUT...

As soon as I got it home the convergence was off... No matter how many times I would adjust it, or would have CC come to professionally adjust it under warranty, it just never could take (and also never completely looked right). In 3 years I must have had the convergence professionally done at least 8 times (with no complete results)!

I now use the set as my bedroom set, but I swore I would never buy Hitachi after that (and haven't). It could have been a one off though, as many people *love* Hitachi quality... As for me, I am in the "avoid like the plague" camp. :-(

Looks like CC had the last laugh after all!

---Dave
    Integra DHC-40.2 Pre/Pro
    Coda 2 X 200 Watt Amp
    Rotel RB-985 5 X 100 Watt Amp
    2 Tyler Acoustics 2 Piece Linbrook Signature System
    1 Tyler Linbrook Signature Center Channel
    3 Tyler Taylo Reference Monitors
    1 ACI Titan II Sub
    Toshiba HD-A1 HD DVD
    Panasonic BDT-210 + 350 Blu-ray
    Consonance Droplet CDP-5.0
    Sony 55NX-810 1080p 3D-LED HDTV

Office:
    Opera Audio Consonance CD-120
    Jolida 1301A 2 X 30 Watt Int. Amp (Sovtek Tubes)
    Opera Audio Consonance Eric-1 Speakers

Forum Regular
    I have had my 57" Hitachi RPTV at the house for over 3 years now and haven't done the convergence except the fist time I plugged in the TV, and even then it didn't really need it. I just did it cause of the delivery to make sure it was straight. But, the TV is working flawlessly, I mean, OTA HD comes in great and all the other DirecTV channels are just beautiftul looking and I can tell you, having been a Sony man all my life before this TV and doing all the research I could do, the Hitachi is head and shoulders above the Sony TVs, I just love my HItachi and will happily buy another one.

Thread Information