AR Newbie Registered Member

Crossover Question

the crossover in one of my Pioneer CS 99a's recently failed. The sub is not working, but it works fine in the other speaker, so i assume it is the crossover. How should I go about finding a new or replacement crossover for this speaker? Is it repairable?
    I'm really fustrated about not being able to listen to my stereo at the moment.
    I would greatly appreciate any help or advice from someone who has knowledge about the situation.
    Thanks

a hell of an engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by jcody
    the crossover in one of my Pioneer CS 99a's recently failed. The sub is not working, but it works fine in the other speaker, so i assume it is the crossover. How should I go about finding a new or replacement crossover for this speaker? Is it repairable?
    I'm really fustrated about not being able to listen to my stereo at the moment.
    I would greatly appreciate any help or advice from someone who has knowledge about the situation.
    According to this replacement parts information from Pioneer, a replacement crossover (aka "network") is no longer available for your speaker directly from Pioneer. Oak Tree Enterprises is offering a replacement crossover for your speaker for $65. The old crossover could also be repaired, either by yourself or by a Pioneer service center. Before you try to fix or replace the old crossover, however, I recommend that you open up the speaker and look for loose or corroded connections between the crossover and the subwoofer. Before you authorize any repair at a service center, I recommend that you ask for an estimate. You may find that the repair cost is so high that the repair is not worthwhile.

AR Newbie Registered Member
    Thanks for the advice. I ordered the crossover from oaktree, and it is working fine now.

a hell of an engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by jcody
    Thanks for the advice. I ordered the crossover from oaktree, and it is working fine now.
    I am glad that I was able to help. Thank you for letting me know how it turned out.

Thread Information