Forum Regular

affordable home theater speakers

I have a 70 watt Yamaha dolbly digital reciever I bought as an upgrade to power my paradigm studio 20's, but am not using it for surround sound. I am starting to look for a surround speaker package, and have a few ideas (paradigm cinema series, def tech pro cinema 60, hsu research ventriloquist). Any thoughts on those or anything else in that price range? Thanks for the help.

Forum Regular
    Hey Funnyhat, you have nice quality front L/R speakers. Be sure to do them justice and get a nice center to begin. How about one of the CCs from Paradigm? They are a bit pricey, but they are good speakers. Are you in a budget at the moment or just looking to finish the whole 5.1?

Forum Regular
    Thanks for the reply. I was actually debating using the studios separately for strictly stereo playback and using one of the more affordable packages (all five speakers and the sub) I had mentioned for surround sound on movies as even though the sound wouldn't be as good, it would be alot closer to my price range then putting together a set that is voice matched to my paradigms. If I go that direction, any preferences between those three sets (paradigm cinema, def tech pro cinema 60, or hsu research ventriloquist)? Thanks for any help.

Forum Regular
    I'd love to help you out but I don't honestly have any experience with the 3 so can't say. Only advice i can give you is at least audition the Paradigms and see what you think. I don't think you can audition the HSUs anywhere (though I could be wrong).

What you can do is find an HSU forum (either on thier website or elseware) and see if you can find an owner in your area who will let you listen.

Thread Information