BooBs are elitist jerks shokhead's Avatar

CD and DVD players

I've been out of the AV loop for a few years so bear with me. It seems there is still alot of people getting CD players. Why? Why not get a DVD player that plays everything? Am i missing something? Is it better to have seperate players.
    Look & Listen

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by shokhead
    I've been out of the AV loop for a few years so bear with me. It seems there is still alot of people getting CD players. Why? Why not get a DVD player that plays everything? Am i missing something? Is it better to have seperate players.
    If you will be doing alot of 2 channel music listening a CDP will outperform a DVD player at the same price point in most cases. There are some excellent DVD players such as Arcam that will also have excellent CD playback but are not cheap. They start at around $1000 US.
    Last edited by WAF!; 01-04-2005 at 03:59 PM.

Get the DVD player that will play everything..Pioneer,Toshiba,and others have come out with players that do SACD,DVDa,DVDV.and just about every other format out there..These players can be bought as low as 175$..They will also do BM on the multi ch analog outs.these players will sound as good as any other CD player only....

Quote Originally Posted by 46minaudio
    Get the DVD player that will play everything..Pioneer,Toshiba,and others have come out with players that do SACD,DVDa,DVDV.and just about every other format out there..These players can be bought as low as 175$..They will also do BM on the multi ch analog outs.these players will sound as good as any other CD player only....
    Thats what i did. Got the Yamaha C750,multi-disc,DVD-A and SACD and i think every other disc inc WMA I'm thinking my CD's will sound fine.
    Look & Listen

Thats what i did. Got the Yamaha C750,multi-disc,DVD-A and SACD and i think every other disc inc WMA I'm thinking my CD's will sound fine.
    Does this unit do BM and distance for DVDa,SACD?..If so I might pick one up myself..

Quote Originally Posted by 46minaudio
    Does this unit do BM and distance for DVDa,SACD?..If so I might pick one up myself..
    Yes it does.
    Look & Listen

Thread Information