Has anyone tried YOURMUSIC.com for buying cd's?

$5.99 per single cd (shipped) is tempting. Basically it works similar to Netflix; you keep a queue of cd titles on their website, and each month they send the cd that's at the top of your list and charge your credit card $5.99 (free shipping). Oh yeah, and unlike Netflix you get to keep the cd's

Downsides? Yeah...not every title is going to be available, and no brand new releases . I look at them as a replacement for the music clubs like Columbia House and BMG. YOURMUSIC.com (from what I've seen) has a better selection than the clubs, plus, I don't have to order 4 titles at one time to get the price down like with Columbia House.

So....that's basically what I know about this club, I haven't signed up yet, but it looks interesting. Anyone here have any experience with them?

http://www.yourmusic.com

Rick

Forum Regular
    Interesting.
    I'm going to have to look into this. Thanks
    b.

Talking Do you still live up near the north pole?

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic Bob
    Interesting.
    I'm going to have to look into this. Thanks
    b.
    Hey Bob,
    Rick (ex-RPM) here. I wonder if there's any fine print regarding shipping zones (ie: outside of US).
    I'm trying to find about 6 titles that I want which are available at YOURMUSIC, I figure that will get me thru half a year and I can see how I like the club. So far I've been a little frustrated, since I can't even get to 6 , I'm not giving up though, since it's such a good deal.

later,

Rick

Forum Regular
    I can't see nothing there about shipping to Canada so i may be in luck. Going to look for titles later on. Got a buncha stuff todo today.
    How's everything?
    b.

Hey Tricky Ricky! What's shakin' old buddy? Nice to see you around this dive again. Yeah, that place looks kinda like the clubs - all major label stuff with no indies. And mostly Billboard type stuff for the new releases. Cool idea - too bad they don't have a bigger selection.

"Land of unknown pleasures"..eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Davey
    Hey Tricky Ricky! What's shakin' old buddy? Nice to see you around this dive again. Yeah, that place looks kinda like the clubs - all major label stuff with no indies. And mostly Billboard type stuff for the new releases. Cool idea - too bad they don't have a bigger selection.
    Yo, wassup? Same old stuff with me, I still check up on you guys occasionally, just don’t post much anymore. I think YOURMUSIC.com has a unique approach, maybe if it catches on with the big label stuff, they’ll expand their inventory. I like the idea because it’s a cheap way to get a new cd every month, no thought process, just a fresh cd in the mail every few weeks. I’ve got three kids who are starting find an interest in music now too (bands like Switchfoot & Reliant K are big with them right now), so between me and them, I should be able to keep a steady que at YOURMUSIC.

Thread Information