Anyone know what's supposed to be the "hot" winter movie?

W'ere now officially in the Pre Oscar crunch where studio's try to get their serious films out for the holidays and reviewed prior to the Oscars. Any idea what's supposed to be the "hot" filcks for the fall?

Da Worfster

Kam

some contenders

hey worfster, here's the insider buzz from my sources, who wish to remain anonymous, so, take it with a grain of salt, BUT... from the way they sound, these are some serious contenders for the big oscar categories....

Showgirls 2 - Elizabeth Berkley returns to her controversial role to once again try and dare audiences with her daring acting to bring about some early daringly scary oscar buzz.

Godzilla 2 - that last egg we so ominously saw hatches into what could be the greatest cgi performance this side of 3D jaws. oscar voters are alreading drooling in anticipation to give an oscar away to a non-human actor and show how generous they are with their art.

BloodSport 5 - VanDamme makes his triumphant return to the big screen of a hiatus that could not have lasted a moment longer. berkley's most serious contender for best female performance.

Gigli 1.5 - a re-release with 58 minutes of never before seen footage that truly alters perception concerning this already loved movie. critics are forced to eat their reviews wih this extended version and both affleck and lopez should recieve writing nods since all the additional footage were extra scenes written by the two.

Lord of the Rings - they're just gonna toss a few more oscars on 'em for the hell of it.

Oh and MAYBE, just maybe Sideways, Motorcylce Diaries, The Aviator, and Ray will get some consideration.

peace
    k2

Unh Hunh, and I'm calling Bellevue cause you're nuts!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kam
    hey worfster, here's the insider buzz from my sources, who wish to remain anonymous, so, take it with a grain of salt, BUT... from the way they sound, these are some serious contenders for the big oscar categories....

Showgirls 2 - Elizabeth Berkley returns to her controversial role to once again try and dare audiences with her daring acting to bring about some early daringly scary oscar buzz.

Godzilla 2 - that last egg we so ominously saw hatches into what could be the greatest cgi performance this side of 3D jaws. oscar voters are alreading drooling in anticipation to give an oscar away to a non-human actor and show how generous they are with their art.

BloodSport 5 - VanDamme makes his triumphant return to the big screen of a hiatus that could not have lasted a moment longer. berkley's most serious contender for best female performance.

Gigli 1.5 - a re-release with 58 minutes of never before seen footage that truly alters perception concerning this already loved movie. critics are forced to eat their reviews wih this extended version and both affleck and lopez should recieve writing nods since all the additional footage were extra scenes written by the two.

Lord of the Rings - they're just gonna toss a few more oscars on 'em for the hell of it.

Oh and MAYBE, just maybe Sideways, Motorcylce Diaries, The Aviator, and Ray will get some consideration.

peace
    k2
    That was funny, after the 2.2 seconds it took for me to realize you're pulling my chain... AGAIN!!!! I don't know why you movie types have such a twisted sense of humor. But it was fun. I made me laugh... and has given me an idea of a new thread. Thanks!!!!

Da Worfster

Feel the Tempo eisforelectronic's Avatar
    Oceans 12

Can a crooner get a gig? dean_martin's Avatar

Talking The one I can't wait to see...

Quote Originally Posted by Worf101
    W'ere now officially in the Pre Oscar crunch where studio's try to get their serious films out for the holidays and reviewed prior to the Oscars. Any idea what's supposed to be the "hot" filcks for the fall?

Da Worfster
    and the one that will surely rack up the awards...Hey, hey, hey it's...

FAT ALBERT!!!!

Wink That sir....

Quote Originally Posted by dean_martin
    and the one that will surely rack up the awards...Hey, hey, hey it's...

FAT ALBERT!!!!
    was just plain WRONG!!!!!!

Funny but way wrong.... LOL

Da Worfster

Thread Information