View Poll Results: Got enough inputs/outputs?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • My Barbie am/fm radio is enough, thanks.

0 0%
  • If I unplug the 8-track player...

0 0%
  • I'm just fine, thanks, until Sony invents a new format.

2 66.67%
  • Need more, need more! Not enough holes! Must spend more money!!!

1 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.

So, how many input/outputs do you need?

Let's try this poll thing.

I've got a Sony receiver with video, TV/DBS, tape/MD, CD and tuner in/outs. And I still need 2 more! One for my turntable (have to hit RadioCrack for a preamp) and one for a cassette deck (I have a friend who only has a cassette in his 4-Runner). So, just having a MiniDisc, 200-disc CD changer, a DVD/VHS player and stand-alone CD burner ain't enough, I guess! The worst part is the back of the receiver isn't easily accessible, so hooking/unhooking up components is no easy task.

Jeez. Aren't I a good consumer?

Any one else have this 'problem'?

fp
    Last edited by Finch Platte; 12-15-2003 at 12:25 PM.

Forum Regular

I see what you mean....

I have a Sony STR-DE585 reciever. No, it doesn't have a lot of inputs. I don't use them all, but it doesn't have a lot. Could use some more video inputs...But then again, I guess that's why they make different models! And if your problem with lack of inputs isn't solved, Radioshack sells switchers that can change one input into many and you can switch them from there.

Yeah......

Quote Originally Posted by joel2762
    And if your problem with lack of inputs isn't solved, Radioshack sells switchers that can change one input into many and you can switch them from there.
    Thanks. I have one of them, but it's playback only, so it doesn't help with half the components I have. I wonder if they make one w/ record switches on it, too? And did they keep the price under $200?

fp

I used one of them Chicken Shack switchers for years. It added a lot of buzzzz and hummm.

With that NAD I bought used earlier this year (thanx to DLD for hooking me up w/ the seller) I finally have enough inpoots.

Quote Originally Posted by Finch Platte
    Let's try this poll thing.

Any one else have this 'problem'?

fp
    2-channel only makes life simpler- glad I don't care about Home Theatre and all that stuff. Just got my new tube preamp today from the inscrutable far east, and it only has 3 inputs, which still leaves 1 spare for my west coast pared-down rig.
    ----Never Off Topic, Never Rude-----

Crackhead Extraordinaire Dusty Chalk's Avatar
    I have separate DVD(/DVD-Audio), SACD, and CD players, so if I add one more thing, like a Turntable (w/outboard phono preamp), my MasterLink 9600 (a hgh-res hard-disk recorder/CD burner), a cassette player, a tuner, or anything, I'm maxed out, but I'm okay for right now.

Surprisingly, my computer is not a problem -- I have a digital out, so the problem is the digital input to my DAC (I.E. technically, it would use the same analog input as the CD player).

I could use a few more, and I wish that MF had added a 3rd position to their mm/mc switch -- "off", so that one could use it as a line-level input. The internal phono preamp is not (from what I've read in reviews) of the same caliber as the rest of the pre.
    Eschew fascism.
    Truth Will Out.
    Quote Originally Posted by stevef22
    you guys are crackheads.
    I remain,
    Peter aka Dusty Chalk

dld
    Forum Regular
    Lets see, two turntables, cassette deck, outboard CD burner, DVD player, Tuner, that makes 6. Have room on the pre for 2 more. Can't imagine what they would be. Like most everbuddy else, getting to the back of that rig to make adjustments is one monster pain in the arse. I'm moving it all around this afternoon/night. Thats two Taget LP storage systems (the one with the 9 cubes that perfectly hold LPs, no longer sold by Target), and one Target entertainment center. Swapping walls basically. Unload 1400 LPs, 6 pieces of gear, 1200 CDs, cables, speakers, URGHHHHHH and then reload them all.
    Do I have to spell it out?

C---H---E---E----S----E

A--N--D

O---N---I---O---N---S

Oh No

Thread Information