eqm

Saw--slight spoilers

anyone else see this movie? "saw" it last week at the local theater and couldn't keep from drawing similarities to "se7en", albeit with not as high-profile actors (i.e., the morgan freeman character replaced by danny glover..carey elwes vs. brad pitt, etc ). The ending was pretty cool, as I didn't see it coming (4 different uses of the word saw...the jigSAW murderer, using the SAW to cut through...what you SAW really wasn't, and the voyeristic watching of the murderer.) anyway, enjoyable flick, didn't really obsess over the plot holes until after the truth was revealed. this is a good one-watcher, and just might be perfect for a rental!

hope this helps anyone that needs it!

Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications
    I didn't see much simalarity at all sith "Se7en"...the plots and settings are just far too different. 0
    This movie kicked the absolute snot out of "The Grudge"...I rather enjoyed it. It'll be a good rental for most, and worth seeing in theaters to some. I have to admit, some of the plot was pretty darn clever...much better than your typical horror/thriller stuff, I'd even put it up there among the best films I've seen this year (which isn't necessarily saying much).
    7/10

eqm
    i actually did like it quite a bit also. i most enjoyed the psycological aspects of the two guys locked in the room together. watching them devolve into panic and the position jockeying was easily the strongest point of the film. i don't want to go into the holes i feel are in the plot because it will literally spoil the film for a lot of people, but what i liked is that the ending came fast enough that there wasn't time to reflect and analyze until the decisions were made and the movie was over...which is exactly what i think the director intended.

Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications
    Yeah, I was too busy paying attention to the movie which actually had me guessing all the way to notice any plot holes...it's been a few days and my memory is a bit fuzzy, can't think of any, wouldn't mind a pm to let me know what you found.
    With or without holes, it was a solid effort...actually remembering the bad ass bad guy and some of the sicker parts of the movie, I'll bump it up to an 8/10...

Thread Information