AR Newbie Registered Member

found a gem set of speakers

well there i was wandering through a thrift store and in the corner was nice pair of home speakers. they are called rodgers s/918b;s. never heard of them, but saying that ive hooked them up to my older yamaha ca-1010 integrated amp and they sound pretty darn good . beautiful cabnits 12 woofer 5 inch mid two 2,5 tweetys. that being said has any body ever heard of them all i know is they were made for or by rheem electonics.; and sold out of vancouver.oh yeh 29.95! what a steal!

Forum Regular

Cool find...

Quote Originally Posted by cougar1985
    well there i was wandering through a thrift store and in the corner was nice pair of home speakers. they are called rodgers s/918b;s. never heard of them, but saying that ive hooked them up to my older yamaha ca-1010 integrated amp and they sound pretty darn good . beautiful cabnits 12 woofer 5 inch mid two 2,5 tweetys. that being said has any body ever heard of them all i know is they were made for or by rheem electonics.; and sold out of vancouver.oh yeh 29.95! what a steal!
    Yeah, I have heard OF them , but know nothing about. If you want to know a bit more of the company's history, I would try "Vintage" at AudioAsylum. A lot of info there...

Just seeing that name, I would also have scoffed them up. And they sound good?!?!? No way! :*) I have had terrible luck at my local Salvation Army as of late. For example - I saw a pair of "EMIT" equipped Infinities a while back... I inquired about them, "Oh... these have to be checked out before a sale". Needless to say, they never made it to the shelf. And that smell of despair in those stores...lol. I'm staying away for a while...hehe.

Aw, well... nice find! I'm glad someone has some luck!

RGA
    Forum Regular
    You'll probably get quite a good response if you ask here http://www.audioasylum.com/forums/vintage/bbs.html

Forum Regular
    You got one hell of a deal! Rogers LS3/5A? They, along with Spendor, and Harbeth have made some of the best mini monitors in the world. Very $$.

Thread Information