Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar

Thanks David Bowie, for doing me a favour

I have tickets to see Bowie tonight. The show has been postponed because Bowie has had the flu all week and all of his shows since Dec. 5 have had to be cancelled.

As it turns out, I came down with a wicked cold last night and feel like crap. If the show were on, I would have gone...all hopped up on Contact C....and not really enjoyed it. As it stands, I can stay home and enjoy some R&R and try to kick this thing before Trans-Siberian Orchestra rolls into town next Tuesday.

Maybe tonight I'll watch the Ziggy Stardust DVD which I bought last month and haven't had time to watch yet. It seems like an appropriate night to watch it.

I'm sorry that David has been so sick, but I must say that the timing has worked out okay for me. (achooo!) (sniffle)

Forum Regular
    I was wondering if the gig was going to happen, I saw on the news where he had taken ill.

Ozzy crashed his 4 wheeler and Bowie has the flu.

I hope you don't get the flu.

I opened the window and influenza.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    I have tickets to see Bowie tonight. The show has been postponed because Bowie has had the flu all week and all of his shows since Dec. 5 have had to be cancelled.

As it turns out, I came down with a wicked cold last night and feel like crap. If the show were on, I would have gone...all hopped up on Contact C....and not really enjoyed it. As it stands, I can stay home and enjoy some R&R and try to kick this thing before Trans-Siberian Orchestra rolls into town next Tuesday.

Maybe tonight I'll watch the Ziggy Stardust DVD which I bought last month and haven't had time to watch yet. It seems like an appropriate night to watch it.

I'm sorry that David has been so sick, but I must say that the timing has worked out okay for me. (achooo!) (sniffle)
    Sorry to read about that Bowie concert. He'll make good.

Say, how's that Trans-Siberian Orchestra? I saw one of their CD's in the store titled Beethoven or something like that. Anyway, that intrigued me.

Hey, Anathema's Eternity isn't to bad. Very different from A Fine Day To Exit. In fact, I like "Exit" much more but Eternity does have some quality moments. I can picture Eternity sung with those death growls though but thankfully, it was clean.

Thanks Autumn and enjoy your concerts. Hope you're feeling better soon.

Darren
    Let the midnight special shine a light on me.

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar

Trans-Siberia is definately worth the visit

Quote Originally Posted by DarrenH
    Sorry to read about that Bowie concert. He'll make good.

Say, how's that Trans-Siberian Orchestra? I saw one of their CD's in the store titled Beethoven or something like that. Anyway, that intrigued me.

Hey, Anathema's Eternity isn't to bad. Very different from A Fine Day To Exit. In fact, I like "Exit" much more but Eternity does have some quality moments. I can picture Eternity sung with those death growls though but thankfully, it was clean.

Thanks Autumn and enjoy your concerts. Hope you're feeling better soon.

Darren
    Thanks for the well wishes Darren. I'm beginning to feel better today, but the weekend is pretty much a write-off for me. Luckily the Xmas shopping is pretty much finished so I'm able to just relax this weekend and take it easy.

Jim Clark introduced me to the Trans-Siberian Orchestra last year and I am eternally grateful to him. This combination of a 60 piece orchestra with electric guitars and keyboards is filled with brilliant arrangements. I haven't heard the Beethoven disk, but Jim sent me samples of the two Christmas disks which I am sending to you just as soon as I can make it to a post office. I loved these disks so much that I went out and bought them (I'm a sucker for packaging and liner notes) this year. Both CDs tell a story which you can read in the liner notes. But the music on it's own is beyond description IMHO. I was lucky enough to find them packaged as a two CD set which was priced about $15 lower than if I bought the two disks singly.

I agree with you on the Anathema front. I am enjoying A Fine Day better than Eternity (which, to be honest, I haven't allocated much time to), but neither of these disks have hit me the way that IZZ has. I just love that disk.

Keep your eye on your mailbox. It's unlikely that these disks will reach you in time for Christmas but, they'll help you carry the spirit into the new year.

Cheers!

Thread Information