B&W DM 602 S2 or S3 .... your opinions?

Wondering your impressions of them from prior auditions, and if there is much difference between the two versions? Buying S2 used would probably save a few hundred $$, not sure how improved S3 is...I do understand that they braced the cabinet in S3, not sure what else though...

RGA
    Forum Regular
    The S2 is slightly more polite less punchy and a floatier tubbier bass. The S3 seems to be geared more for H/T with punchier bass and a more forward sound. I can't say the S3 is necessarily better but it's suited more for typical North American tastes.

You may want to look at used CDM 1NT's and do also try Dynaudio and JM Labs.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by psonic
    Wondering your impressions of them from prior auditions, and if there is much difference between the two versions? Buying S2 used would probably save a few hundred $$, not sure how improved S3 is...I do understand that they braced the cabinet in S3, not sure what else though...
    Hello,

I agree with RGA, both are great speakers. I own the S2. There isn't too much difference between them that justify to spend more money.

George.

Thread Information