Forum Regular

Best DLP out there?

I'm leaning hard towards the Mitsubishi 52" DLP. I believe it has more features than the other similar cost DLPS's. I also feel the picture is better. Feedback?

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by hemifever
    I'm leaning hard towards the Mitsubishi 52" DLP. I believe it has more features than the other similar cost DLPS's. I also feel the picture is better. Feedback?
    which features are important to you?

Forum Regular
    The features I prefer are digital audio (coax or fiber). Good brightness characteristics. As little fading going from side to side, up and down, as possible. I would like something that auto sensed 4:3 to 16:9 formats. Cable card slots aren't that important, but nice to have. I have seen that LG has a brightness problem, but not sure if their latest and greatest model experiences that.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by hemifever
    The features I prefer are digital audio (coax or fiber). Good brightness characteristics. As little fading going from side to side, up and down, as possible. I would like something that auto sensed 4:3 to 16:9 formats. Cable card slots aren't that important, but nice to have. I have seen that LG has a brightness problem, but not sure if their latest and greatest model experiences that.
    I don't sell Mits but after a quick web search looks like it has all the goodies however, if good brightness and off-axis viewing are crictical, might i suggest the JVC HD-ILA television. It's a reflective technology like DLP and a advance form of LCOS with a much brighter image than any other mircodisplay. All the features you've listed are available on model # HD-52Z795.

Forum Regular
    Thanks, I'll take a look at that model to see what its got.

Forum Regular
    I saw "Runco" on the High End 2004. It blew my mind !! Also the big Marantz is nice too. It did cost 33000€. Add that to your short list too
    Maggie 3.6R to be replaced with new Apogee Scintillas 1ohm !! :-) 20Hz flat to Ultrasonic at 110db at 4m
    System1: Magnepan MG3.6R/SE,Jolida JD3000b, Krell KSA-150, Audio Analouge Paganini MKII, Audioquest Slate and NRG-2
    System2:
    VMPS RM30M, Rega Planet 2000MKII, Pathos Acoustics Classic One, Rega Planar 2 with Super BIAS, Rega Phono Stage
    System3: Magnepan MG.5QR/SE, Cambridge Audio C500/P500, Philips CD985 connected to Leasegang projector
    Contact me...f.wiegand@t-online.de

Thread Information