AR Newbie Registered Member

How long can I run my LFE cable?

My HT viewing room is pretty strange in the way it has to be set up. To make a long story short, I am going to have to put my sub in a location that is pretty far from my receiver. I figure that I might have to run about 40 ft of LFE cable to get where I need to go.

I am wondering if this is too far. I know that shorter is better and generally sound will deteriorate as I extend the distance, but I do not know what those distances are. Do you guys think that it will be OK at 35-40ft away, or should I reconsider my HT organization scheme?

I have ordered an SVS 20-39 PCi and it will not fit where my current sub is and I have some qualms about putting it behind my entertainment center because it think the EC may almost act like a wall.

Thanks is advance guys. You have always been a great source of info for me.

Forum Regular
    Itshould be ok. As long as it does'nt localize. Decent cables are a good idea as well.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by seth_b2
    My HT viewing room is pretty strange in the way it has to be set up. To make a long story short, I am going to have to put my sub in a location that is pretty far from my receiver. I figure that I might have to run about 40 ft of LFE cable to get where I need to go.

I am wondering if this is too far. I know that shorter is better and generally sound will deteriorate as I extend the distance, but I do not know what those distances are. Do you guys think that it will be OK at 35-40ft away, or should I reconsider my HT organization scheme?

I have ordered an SVS 20-39 PCi and it will not fit where my current sub is and I have some qualms about putting it behind my entertainment center because it think the EC may almost act like a wall.

Thanks is advance guys. You have always been a great source of info for me.
    Why not discuss this issue with SVS? I am sure they are great at responding. Tell TV I sent you with the Q
    mtrycrafts

Thread Information