AR Newbie Registered Member

Advice on a multi-room system

I'm building a system for my father, and I could use some advice. I want to buy a new receiver, speakers, CD player, the whole shebang. Money is not really an issue, although he doesn't need top top notch stuff. Maybe a mid-range system would be great.

The big thing about this system is that I want to put the main setup in the living room, but also connect speakers into the kitchen a few rooms away. If it's possible to do this wirelessly, that'd be preferrable.

This system is for music only, so I don't need Dolby and I only want two speakers per room. I'd like to use bookshelf speakers that I can hide in the corners.

Can anybody make some recommendations for what to look for?

Thanks,
    Kevin

Forum Regular

I would check Orb Audio

I would check Orb Audio as to me they offer a great system for the money. It is my main system. They sell their speakers and sub by mail order only. The Web site is orbaudio.com

I would recommend you get the Mod1 system and buy the complimentery receiver (JVC RX-DV31SL) with it. I fyou want a second set of speakers then order 2 of the mod 1 system.
    You can actually get the same receiver for about $100 or so cheaper on Ebay. They only sell the receiver as a service to their customers. It is near impossible to buy Orb speakers on Ebay or anywhere else.

Forum Regular
    any stereo receiver with A/B speaker selection can be wired to another room. As far as wireless goes, there's several devices that may or may not work with questionable sound quality. You can try Advent or Acoustic Research wireless speakers but my advice would be to run wires

Thread Information