Audio Source Componets

Im a little curious if anyone has any experience with this company. I notice they have very fair prices for what you get. I noticed the reviews here are quite respectable, but I read these with caution.

Thanks

Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications
    I bought an AudioSource Amp One a few months back.
    http://www.audioreview.com/Amplifier...8_1583crx.aspx

I use my amp to power my surround channels. Once in awhile, I use it to drive my towers, and it does quite well. It certainly smokes any Best Buy receiver I've heard.
    Basically, I've always been familiar with Adcom and Nad, and more recently Rotel electronics, so that was my point of reference. I paid $80 for the amp, used. You can find the newer Amp One/A's for roughly $90-120 on ebay, audiogon, etc.

I still believe wholeheartedly these are a steal at this price, easily competing with some $400-600 amps. It keeps up with the Adcom's I have that are far more expensive.
    The VU meters are all pretty shotty on their amps though, and I they've started to remove them in newer models. But that's minor.

I've only ever seen a few of their pre-amps, and to be honest, they were pretty mediocre. Not terrible buys, but nothing fancy. To me they didn't deliver the big value the amps did.

I guess it depends what you're looking at. But I really like the little Amp One, and for $80, I couldn't go wrong.

good stuff for cheap. I got an audiosource amp three, bought it refurbished for $200. 150 wattx 2 at 8 ohms .04 THD. 400 watts bridged at 8 ohms. Weighs almost 30 #'s. I'm using it as a sub amp, should probably use it with main channels cuz I'm only using like 50 watts of its power (subwoofer is a very efficient horn). Highly reccomended.

Thanks fellas. I can get an Amp 2 for 250 or a Amp 3 for 365 at amazon. They seem pretty good for the money.

Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications
    Probably aren't bad...but you could probably get an amp one for 1/2 the price of the amp 2 (essentially the same amplifier) if you aren't afraid of ebay!

Thread Information