HT Man

Subwoofer connection suggestion.

Hi All,
    I have a very basic question for a Subwoofer connection. My subwoofer like many out there, except LFE, or Left & Right Coax input and finally the High pass connections from the left & right speaker connections of an Amplifier. My question to you all is , is there a sound difference in either of connection styles. If yes which one do you think is better. I would really appreciate it if anyone could share their experiences.
    Thanks,
    Rajx7

the only reason you would use the high pass or left and right coaxial inputs is if you need a crossover frequency lower or higher than the ones you can choose in your receiver. If your receiver's LFE output has the correct crossover frequency just use the LFE output. If you use the left and right coaxials, the gain on the sub will go up, basically the same thing as turning the volume knob up a little. They may sound a little different if the crossover slopes are different from the sub and receiver. I say just connect it via LFE.

HT Man
    Hey Guy,
    Thanks for your advice. One more question? These days they are coming out with separate Subwoofer cables. You think those are necessary or I can use a regular coaxial interconnect for the LFE connection.?
    Rajx7

All these special "subwoofer cables" are, are regular coaxial cables like you would use for video or audio. They say it's a subwoofer cable just so the consumer pays more thinking it's made just for subwoofers.

Thread Information