So, anything new around here lately?

Holy Crap!

Out for less than two weeks and all hell breaks loose.

BTW, hello Eric.

I'm not as knowledgeable as many here, and don't get involved in the great audio debates, but worry about two things:

1) Some regulars that I respect and enjoy are gone. Poof!

2)This statement: "They walk into this debate and it is pretty intimidating, to say the least, and they walk away confused and still don't know which receiver they should buy!"

I realise (I think) what you mean but the only way to get agreement is basicly shill.

The best boards I've come across have moderate moderators , deleting and banning are rare.

Good luck to you and the new moderators!

Pete
    I fear explanations explanatory of things explained.
    Abraham Lincoln

Talking No, nothing at all.

Nothing like going on vacation and finding out a hurricane hit your house while you were away, huh?

I think a lot of the debate that has ensued since the arrival of governing rules is simply member's venting. Knowing who the moderators are, I doubt you'll see much of a difference. It's not like they are banning tech talk outright. Really, I just think they are trying to curtail certain instances when someone frankly challenges a poster's ability to discern differences, which is insulting imo. You know the drill:

Post: Side by side, I thought the Krell was a little cold and sterile compared to the BAT's.

Response: Impossible. You're delusional. Show me the data that one sounds any different from the other. Unless you were in a biased controlled lab and ran at minimum 20 dbt's, you don't know what you experienced. Otherwise, your opinion is worthless.

Anything else will likely be allowed. Debate freq. response, impedence curves, room treatments or whatever till you're blue in the face. To think that we won't be able to discuss/debate these things is absurd. Just don't berate someone's opinion (which I know you never do Pete).

BTW, welcome back. Whatdja bring us?

Actually, Topspeed, I was just so darn busy I didn't have time to check in, so sorry, no presents .

I get where you're coming from but still reserve judgement. There are others not happy, we'll see.

Maybe if they do a DBT on it .......

Pete
    I fear explanations explanatory of things explained.
    Abraham Lincoln

Yepper.. you got drunk n you missed it!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by piece-it pete

Holy Crap!

Out for less than two weeks and all hell breaks loose.

BTW, hello Eric.

I'm not as knowledgeable as many here, and don't get involved in the great audio debates, but worry about two things:

1) Some regulars that I respect and enjoy are gone. Poof!

2)This statement: "They walk into this debate and it is pretty intimidating, to say the least, and they walk away confused and still don't know which receiver they should buy!"

I realise (I think) what you mean but the only way to get agreement is basicly shill.

The best boards I've come across have moderate moderators , deleting and banning are rare.

Good luck to you and the new moderators!

Pete

"Holy Crap"!!!!??? That's the best "expletive" you can come up wit???
    Man things been right warm around here, as we used to say in a hot L.Z, right warm. Don't know how it's gonna shake out, but this place could wind up a virtual "ghost town" where the few "old hands" sit around and answer "what (fill in the blank) should I buy?" questions from inumerable one time newbies. Sheesh... that would suck one gigantic enchilada.

Well, we do live in "interesting" times.

Da Worfster

Silence of the spam Site Moderator Geoffcin's Avatar

This forum is not going to become a bland Enchilada

Quote Originally Posted by Worf101
    "Holy Crap"!!!!??? That's the best "expletive" you can come up wit???
    Man things been right warm around here, as we used to say in a hot L.Z, right warm. Don't know how it's gonna shake out, but this place could wind up a virtual "ghost town" where the few "old hands" sit around and answer "what (fill in the blank) should I buy?" questions from inumerable one time newbies. Sheesh... that would suck one gigantic enchilada.

Well, we do live in "interesting" times.

Da Worfster
    As long as I have a say in things. I like my enchiladas spicy! People get passionate about audio, and I think that's a GOOD thing. I'm sorry a few people got mad and left, but I've seen this before on other forums, and my guess is that the'll be back, and in not to short a time. These forums are really vital, and the people who post here on a regular basis find them a valuble part of thier online life. I do, and there's no way I'm going to let that become diminished.
    Audio;
    Ming Da MC34-AB 75wpc
    PS Audio Classic 250. 500wpc into 4 ohms.
    PS Audio 4.5 preamp,
    Marantz 6170 TT Shure M97e cart.
    Arcam Alpha 9 CD.- 24 bit dCS Ring DAC.
    Magnepan 3.6r speakers Oak/black,

Thread Information