AR Newbie Registered Member

Which speakers for my H/T?

Hi,

I'm looking into lower priced options for my H/T and am stuck between the Fluance SX-HTB home theater system and the Streem HT-33's. They will be hooked up to my Yamaha HTR-5750. The prices are similiar, as well as the specs. so does anyone have any personal opinions?

If I were in your shoes,

I would opt for these DIY:
    http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/pshow...number=300-640
    They have decent reviews, are inexpensive, and you will have the enjoyment of saying I built them myself.

I second Poneal's suggestion.

nightflier

Streem / Fluance

Quote Originally Posted by acidwarp
    Hi,

I'm looking into lower priced options for my H/T and am stuck between the Fluance SX-HTB home theater system and the Streem HT-33's. They will be hooked up to my Yamaha HTR-5750. The prices are similiar, as well as the specs. so does anyone have any personal opinions?
    Acid,

I know you posted this back in August of last year, but I'm curious to find out what you decided on. I am helping a friend put together a system and he won't buy used yet doesn't want to spend much, either, so the Fluance / Streem speakers are pretty much it for him. He has a Yamaha HTR-5840, which is just a notch above what you had selected. I've been told that the speakers and receiver are both bright and might not be a good match. What was your experience?

Anyone else try a similar setup?

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by acidwarp
    Hi,

i have the fluance AV-HTB VERY SATISIFIED, i got 6 ppl to buy them to just by hearing mine, u cant beat that deal im anxious to here the SX-HTB

nightflier

What about a sub?

What kind of sub do you have? I'm not very impressed with the Fluance subs, and so I thought I might be able to improve any shortcommings of the Fluance with a higher-quality sub.

Quote Originally Posted by nightflier
    What kind of sub do you have? I'm not very impressed with the Fluance subs, and so I thought I might be able to improve any shortcommings of the Fluance with a higher-quality sub.
    i have the NHT SA-3 Subwoofer with seperate amp $1500.00 the Fluance sound great so there subs arent that good? my brother was thinking of getting 1 of em

nightflier

Fluance

Quote Originally Posted by jeffrodesiac
    ...so there subs arent that good? my brother was thinking of getting 1 of em
    There specs are not as impressive. In my opinion the lower-priced units from Hsu are a very good value. A friend of mine just bought one from Outlaw Audio and it's also very impressive. I'm not saying that Fluance subs are that bad, but I think that there are better values out there.

And I'm also going by the old adage that any average speakers can sound phenominal with a really good quality sub that is well integrated.

Thread Information