Forum Regular

Flaming Lips ???

Hello, I would like to buy one of their CDs. Which one is best? Yoshimi? Thanks, 9

Crackhead Extraordinaire Dusty Chalk's Avatar
    Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots is good, but I think most people will vote Soft Bulletin or Transmissions From The Satellite Heart
    Eschew fascism.
    Truth Will Out.
    Quote Originally Posted by stevef22
    you guys are crackheads.
    I remain,
    Peter aka Dusty Chalk

dld
    Forum Regular
    Yoshimi and The Soft Bulletin are both tremedous records, hard to choose between the two. I guess if I had to choose, I would vote Yoshimi but I expect I would be in the minority here. Trasmissions..... is the only other one I have (except an excellent greatest hits comp) and I would rate it a close third.
    Do I have to spell it out?

C---H---E---E----S----E

A--N--D

O---N---I---O---N---S

Oh No

Quote Originally Posted by Number9
    Hello, I would like to buy one of their CDs. Which one is best? Yoshimi? Thanks, 9
    Well, as much as I hate to disagree with Dusty, I would probably recommend Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots for your first Flaming Lips purchase.

Its a very easy album to like and then once you're a fan, Soft Bulletin will be more accessible. I love Yoshimi but it certainly doesn't have the lasting appeal that Soft Bulletin does.

IMO. I don't have Transmissions From a Satellite Heart yet, but its on my lengthy wishlist.

What bands are you currently enjoying Number9?

Snow

Yeah, what they said. Yoshimi or Bulletin. If you like one, you will no doubt want the other.

No one's mentioned Clouds Taste Metallic, so I will. It's not quite as good as Bulletin and Yoshimi, but it's still a damn fine album. To me it seems to be somewhat of a transitional album, with hints of the great things they would do later.

I'd probably recommend getting Yoshimi first, even though it's not my favorite, because of it's relative accessability.
    And the world will turn to flowing pink vapor stew.

Thread Information