Forum Regular

Talking Razorlight - Up All Night is the real deal

After being bombarded with constant hype about this UK band I finally bit the bullet and decided to go for it, partly helped by the fact it was on offer cheap at my local store - cheap or freebies is always the best way to add to your collection.

Fronted by the arrogant Johnny Borrell this is a great debut album which is one of the highlights of the year so far for me. It's a complete mish mash of sounds from Talking Heads, Strokes, Television, Johnathan Richman and even a dose of Jarvis Cocker's(arrogance) Pulp. It features some great passionate vocal sounds backed up by a solid part English part Swedish rhythm section, I've only had it since last night and it's already on its umpteenth play.

Even production wise it's better than your average UK effort.

Cheers
    Mike

Crackhead Extraordinaire Dusty Chalk's Avatar

Lots of people talkin', few of them know...

You know, I believe that expression ("...is the real deal") was trademarked by Davey.

What does it mean, anyway? Can either of you cite something that is not the real deal? As opposed to what, the fake deal? Or would it be more of an underhanded deal, such as in poker? Or would it still be real, it just wouldn't be a big deal?

J/K/A...
    Eschew fascism.
    Truth Will Out.
    Quote Originally Posted by stevef22
    you guys are crackheads.
    I remain,
    Peter aka Dusty Chalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mike
    After being bombarded with constant hype about this UK band I finally bit the bullet and decided to go for it, partly helped by the fact it was on offer cheap at my local store - cheap or freebies is always the best way to add to your collection.

Fronted by the arrogant Johnny Borrell this is a great debut album which is one of the highlights of the year so far for me. It's a complete mish mash of sounds from Talking Heads, Strokes, Television, Johnathan Richman and even a dose of Jarvis Cocker's(arrogance) Pulp. It features some great passionate vocal sounds backed up by a solid part English part Swedish rhythm section, I've only had it since last night and it's already on its umpteenth play.

Even production wise it's better than your average UK effort.

Cheers
    Mike
    I've read a lot of good things about this album. I looked for it the other night to no avail. I'm not sure it's been released in the States yet.
    And the world will turn to flowing pink vapor stew.

Smile Already on its umpteenth play....

Hey, Mike.

Razorlight sounds like something brash -- something that's lacking in today's music. Good to hear that it's got teeth.

Just received the Ryan Adams comp you sent -- it, too, is already on its umpteenth play. Nice work, especially with the blending of pace and various albums. It gives the comp a real listenability. Enjoying it Very much!!

Always a treat receiving "royal mail" from you.

Thanks-a-ton,
    Bill aka audiobill

Thread Information