Thread: hey RGA

Forum Regular

hey RGA

Have you ever been able to compare the Dynaudio audience 42 to the B&W DM602 ? I own a pair of DM 602S and a friend of mine bought the dyns over to my house for a home demo a couple of weeks back. My B&W s are for sale now. I am not saying they are bad, but the it does not have the control and drive the Dyns have at high volumes and I liked the highs better on the dyns and better bass control at high vol levels.The dyns seems to have a more neutral sound too.
    I drove them with a NAD C350.

RGA
    Forum Regular
    The dynes I would agree are a step up - did not hear them against each other in the same room. I prefer the 52 myself - who doesn't.

The Audience line was a competitor to the CDM range though to be fair to B&W. I felt the 52 and the CDM 1NT were two of the best in that price range - and now there is no CDM so Dane take maybe my top spot.

Have not heard the new Quads have you? Might want to give them and Von Sweikert a try.

Forum Regular

I liked the quads

I have heard their bookshelf and the floorstanding ones.I think it was the 12L and the 21L. I am not very sure about the model numbers.They were impressive.I can't tell you how it compares to the B&W and Dyns because I have not done a home demo.This was at a showroom setup with an audio analoque integrated and marantz cd 6000OSE cd player.The sound was mostly devoid of artifacts and sound lush and natural. They sounded very good with Jazz.The tweeters easily capturing the textures of the trumpet and the brush on the drum and good attack and decay on the cymbols.Good soundstage.One thing I liked was the absence of stridency in the highs.I liked them.I guess they are a step up from the wharfedales which are made by the same company.

Thread Information