Anyone know anything about this seller?

1-877camcorder.com

Anyone know anything about these people?

I'm thinking about buying a Sony VPL-HS20 from them.

I called them, they have 2 left and they say they are an authorized dealer. It doesnt say anything about authorization on their site.

Please tell me if you have ever ordered anything from them and your experience.

Thanks,

~DeNoN_MaN
    System:
    Fronts: B&W 602 S2
    Center: B&W CC6 S2
    Rear: Klipsch SB-2
    Sub: Velodyne CHT-10
    Receiver: Denon AVR-2802
    DVD: Toshiba SD-3800

Projector: Sanyo PLV-70HT

JSE

Hmmmm?

Never heard of them but I am a Photographer and order a lot of equipment on line and over the phone. You can contact Sony to see if they are an authorized dealer. I think you can get the info. on line. A lot of places will sell just the camera for the advertised price and require you to buy extra things like the battery, strap, charger etc. If they start doing this when you call, hang up and move on. They will also tell you they only have a few left and when you go to actually pay they tell you it just went out of stock or is actually on back order and advise you they have the next model up for a little more money. If they do this, hang up.

One thing is for sure. Use a credit card, not a debit card of check so at least you will have some protection if you get screwed. Remember, if the price sounds to good to be true, it usually is. And if the price is way way below other retailers, walk away. There seems to always be a catch.

If you want to go mail order, look at B&H photo, Adoramo and Ritz. They are all highly rated. I buy from B&H and Adoramo on a regular bases and they have always been top notch. If a problem comes up, they fix it, period. Everyone messes up, it's how they handle it that counts.

JSE

JSE
    Check out this link:

http://www.photo.net/neighbor/one-subcategory?id=2

It's from Photo.net, one of the best photography websites around. I did not see the shop you spoke of. Not a good sign. This site has comments on all the big shops from past buyers. Very informative.

Good luck.

Thread Information