AR Newbie Registered Member

tremble in speakers had a ?

Was wondering if I would listen to my speakers at lound listening level with the tremble all the way up would ruin the speakers. I thought that bass is the root cause of your amp to clip. any input on this would be appreciated.

Forum Regular
    depending on the speaker the risk would be putting alot of the wattage into the tweeter and mid if you have a 3 way set up.

i think the speaker would sound like crap if you had the treble up to high so im thinking you dont have it to high so it should be ok.

why do you want the treble up so high anyways? voices sound all high pitch if you do that.

Bass has nothing to do with tweeters. If you crank the TREBLE (not tremble) all the way up, then the volume all the way up then you very well could fry them in a heartbeat. The amp clipping because it's cranked all the way up is more of a problem than the treble control though. It also depends on the speakers being used.

Forum Regular

Smile

I remember 2 or 3 years agao I thought studio monitors was suppose to have lots of highs and I use to turn the treble full and plus with my equilizer I turned it up high too. but later I figured that I had it too high that it was taking away all the mid sounds and stuff so it didnt sound good at all. Plus that time I never ever heard how a studio monitor sound like too just only from my dad and he said the highs should be up on my JBL HLS410 I had those that time only but I think I overly put to much highs. But I can say for somereason my tweeters still work great after I overly put the highs before.

Forum Regular

Talking

My dad is a professional drummer so he knows alots about studio and stuff like that since he use to work in recording studios too. My mom loves music ALOT I mean alot too and of cource I do to so we are like a music family lol. My dad isnt focused to speakers as I am though so in a way I know more about speakers then him.

Thread Information