AR Maniac

6 more cables????

Okay now that I have the Pioneer DV563A DVD-A and SACD player I need to hookup 6 more cables to take advantage of the discrete 5.1 channels of music. I hate all of the cables hanging out back there as it is. Many companies offer 1 meter, 2 meter, 6 meter etc.. etc... I am thinking all I need is .5 meter of cable per channel for this hookup. What is everyone using for cables and what lengths is everyone using? I also read somewhere that the cable should be a decent quality, what would be considered decent in this application?
    Thanks all

None of us can tell you what length to get, it matters how far away your equipment is from each other. If you only need half a meter then get half a meter, if you plan on moving your stuff around you might want a longer length so you have no problems with it being too short. Just go to the Rat Shack or Walmart and buy their cheapest gold plated cables. I went to Best Buy this weekend and bought some regular RCA A/V cables and they were Acoustic research selling for $15 which I'm using for component cables and work great. Just make sure the cable is a little thicker then the ones that may have came with your cd player.

-Joey

AR Maniac
    I understand you can't tell me the length. I guess what I am asking is. Are there any pre-packaged sets of 6 audio cables out there? There are cables that come in packages for everything from RCA for audio and video (composite) to digital audio and component video cables. Why can't I find a set of 6 audio cables for DVD-A and SACD setups with verying lengths and quality? Also where can I find .5 meter cables even if they are single cables?

JSE
    I understand your frustration. I have a new DVD player that I will be using the 5 cable setup with at the end of the month when I get my new receiver. The first thing that went through my mind was, Dammit, 5 more cables!

I have been using Radio Shack gold series for a while now and they seem to be great. Very well built, and low cost. Don't get suckered into the "Gold Fusion" line of radio shack cables. They seem to be inferior in build quality and about double the price. I always look for build quality over everything else, not name brand.

I think you can get .5m cables. Look at:

http://www.partsexpress.com/index.cfm

They seem to have a good selection.

I may be wrong on this but I thought most DVD players had an optical connnection. If that is the case then you can buy 1 optical cable and run that from the DVD to the receiver. DVD-A may be different, not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by poneal
    I may be wrong on this but I thought most DVD players had an optical connnection. If that is the case then you can buy 1 optical cable and run that from the DVD to the receiver. DVD-A may be different, not sure.
    DVD-A requires 6 analogue connections except for units that have firewire.
    TinHere

Enjoying a virtual life.

AR Maniac
    Thanks, I will take a look at the Rat Shack cables. I normally go with Monster but in this case 6 more cables X $50 or more each is a bunch....

What do you think of AR cables? I see them around at decent prices too.

JSE
    AR cables are fine. The only real reason I buy Radio Shack Gold is because there is one a couple of hundred yards from my office. Convenience and good build quality. I also have a few RCA brand cables that I got at Target a while back because they were putting them on clearance for dirt cheap. They are pretty nice as well. No sure who has them now though.

JSE

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by gorilla196635
    I am thinking all I need is .5 meter of cable per channel for this hookup. Thanks all

I would caution you about this choice. The first time you need to relocate components, your cables are too short, another expense for 6 more cables. There is no real reason for such short cables.
    mtrycrafts

AR Maniac
    I found a place called cables and connectors in the area. It is like a Rat shack and they caryy everything electronic. I could probably build my own components with their supplies. They have a ton of cables of different sizes colors and quality. I believe I found what I am looking for.

Also all my components are in a rack system and basically need to be where they are so for this the shorter the better.

Forum Regular

accessories4less

Herer's what you need, all six cables in one sleeve. I bought a set when I got SACD and they sound great without the clutter.

logman

http://accessories4less.com/Amazing/...CAB%2DDIG&tpc=

Thread Information