AR Newbie Registered Member

NAD T761 and Magnepan's?

I've got a used NAD T761 that I am currently using to power a set of MGMC1 magnepan speakers. The speakers run with a 4 ohm impedance, which the NAD seems to have no problems with. However, reading the manual for the T761, I have found a vaguely disturbing limitation.

If I want to have speakers hooked up to the A and B speaker connects, both speakers must be at least 8 ohms, or so the manual says. (4 ohms on A alone is just fine) So it appears my dreams of using the T761 to A/B switch between rooms with different magnepan speakers (all 4 ohm) are squashed. Does anyone have any insight into why NAD puts this constraint on the A/B speaker setup?

thanks

Forum Regular

not sure but...

I see no reason why it wouldn't be ok to do that. I would guess the manual is refering to having both pairs playing at the same time. If you are only playing one pair at a time, it shouldn't matter. If someone thinks I'm wrong, though, you could always get a speaker selector.

Silence of the spam Site Moderator Geoffcin's Avatar
    Your going to be fine as long as you dont run both sets of speakers at once. If you do it could probably make your amps protection circuit trigger.

Thread Information