Thread: Elt Sw-10

Forum Regular

Elt Sw-10

I noticed today that av123.com has some B-stock of their ELT SW-10 subwoofer on sale for $200 but can't find many reviews of it. Does anyone have any experience with it? I currently have a pair of Athena AS-F2 for my bass (Sony DA1ES powering, my amp is currently down) and technically a Optimus Pro Sw-12 but I don't have it connected since it only did more harm than good. If not this does anyone a better suggestion for $200 (I realize their isn't much good at that price). I'd rather go up to $300, my poor college budget doesn't want to cry that much. I'd prefer a cheap kit to get the knowledge but haven't found anything powered below $300. Any help?

Forum Regular
    For around $300 why not look around and see if you can get a used SVS 25-31CS or VMPS Smaller Subwoofer? Downside is both are passive but if you can get your hands on something to power them with other than your primary receiver both should perform well for you. From what I understand, the ELT sub is weak for HT (SPL) but good for music. Then again, it is a $200 sub so you can't complain too much. Could look into one of the DIY subwoofer kits from Parts Express.

Thread Information