Forum Regular

quick uploading Q

i want to upload some pics but there to big, how do you guys make yours smaller, there right from my digital camera

Quote Originally Posted by uncooked
    i want to upload some pics but there to big, how do you guys make yours smaller, there right from my digital camera
    I have a digital camera and not only send smaller versions of my pictures by email, I have a personal website with some photos as well. I use a free program called IRFan View which takes care of all my needs for digital photos. An especially nice feature is to rename a whole batch of files at once. The filenames from the camera are usually not pretty and don't relate to much.

Here is the download site: http://www.tucows.com/preview/194967.html
    Friends help friends move,
    Good friends help friends move bodies....

Mine came with the camera.

Quote Originally Posted by uncooked
    The software that came with the camera has an "image editor" built in where all I have to do is click on the desired pic, click on the image edit button in the tool bar, and click "resize". That pulls up a list of properties of the pic and allows me to change the width, height, and ratio as well as the quality or resolution of the pic. When done, resave and you're there! Mine is an HP Photosmart 320 and this sites max pic size requested is 600 pixels in width and 200K in file size. Another useful tool is Mihov image converter. It allows conversion from one format to another ie. JPEG - BMP - GIF. Nice to have if you download a BMP and want to "shrink" data since some sites(including this one) have limits on file size and BMP will usually exceed said limit.

Do a search on CNET or ZDNET for image editors... there are a few freebies to be found.
    Karl K.

The shortest distance between two points is a straight line... in the opposite direction.

Forum Regular
    yea i used Photo Shop, just kind of a big hassle to re size then re save. my camera takes huge pictures for some reason. 1280 standard. you have to set the picture each time to make it smaller and i always forget. i like the bigger pics for everything except trying to post them on sites.

Thread Information