Thread: Need Help!!

Forum Regular

Need Help!!

Is it necessary to spend another $500+ to get a "power supply cleaner" or whatever they're called like the monster HTS 5000 they're trying to sell me with my Yamaha RX-V2400 and Sony DVP-CX777ES 400 DVD Changer?

Also please respond to my other question about Yamaha vs. Denon.

Not really. Those power conditioners are useful if you have wildly fluctuating power supply (like light bulb dimming when a power equipment nearby is turned on). If you don't have that type of problem, then it will not yield you any benefits

Forum Regular
    The HTS 5000 seems excessive... however, I haven't bought any equipment recently, but I'm going to make several large purchases. One thing I've learned is never pay retail. Always try to get a good deal (at least 10-20% off... sometimes possibly 30% but that's rare). Or maybe get them to throw the HTS 3200 (I think that's the one for like $300 something) in for free if you pay full price. That'd be a deal. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Larrymac
    Is it necessary to spend another $500+ to get a "power supply cleaner" or whatever they're called like the monster HTS 5000 they're trying to sell me with my Yamaha RX-V2400 and Sony DVP-CX777ES 400 DVD Changer?

Forum Regular
    Hi, I have a good friend that works in one of the local HT stores in Calgary and
    as far as spending big bucks to get clean power he says its a joke,, Keep your money
    in your pocket, your not trying to run your HT from a honda generator so ya dont need it,
    there are dozens of new things out there that some say ya gotta have to do it right, seems as the only ones saying you need it are the guys that sell it,,
    Just my thoughts, his too
    Take Care
    Dale M

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Larrymac

As they all said, save your money and buy more music.
    mtrycrafts

Forum Regular

Thanks guys

Quote Originally Posted by mtrycraft
    As they all said, save your money and buy more music.
    I appreciate all the input. Now i can get even BIGGER speakers argh argh argh! No comments on my other Yamaha vs. Denon dilemma?

Thread Information