Check out our new Gallery section

It's still in Beta form, but you're welcome to go in and start uploading some photos. You need to be registered with the site to do so, same as posting in the forums. Let use know what you think:
    http://gallery.audioreview.com

Quote Originally Posted by Chris
    It's still in Beta form, but you're welcome to go in and start uploading some photos...Let use know what you think
    Well, I wanted to be the first kid on the block to post something in it, but so far, no luck. The first attempt to upload a picture (just 48K) resulted in a blank page with the "Done" indicator on it. Refreshing that page now yields a nearly-full progress bar and the "Opening Page" message.

It took a while, but just responded:
    Warning: fopen(http://stage.audioreview.com/usercon...xtra1-1&Value=): failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! lM"ǩ萿???Ԑ?!H_")溶 in /htmldocs/web/html/photopost/pp-inc.php on line 2127

Okay...looks like it posted. It'd be nice when finished to take you back to the gallery page instead of forcing you to click on several links to get back, as if you had a choice where to go.

Nice, Chris! It needs a little finishing work, but looks to be promising...certainly better than the old way (where my attempt to post over a month ago is still probably in the queue)
    Click here to see my system.

That's a good idea, Chris!

It's still in Beta form, but you're welcome to go in and start uploading some photos. You need to be registered with the site to do so, same as posting in the forums. Let use know what you think:
    http://gallery.audioreview.com
    A quick question...

Where would be an appropriate place for portions of audio gear as well as furniture?(audio rach w/o components and speakers w/o system)

Oh, BTW, good call on Veteran member! Now if you could e-mail Bturk and tell him we miss him?
    Karl K.

The shortest distance between two points is a straight line... in the opposite direction.

Added a new category - Components.

I'm afraid to email Bturk - he might misinterpret my "come back" email for something completely different... hopefully he'll realize that there were no ill intentions or personal attacks on him. I'm still a little confused as to why he reacted the way he did.

I'm still a little confused as to why he reacted the way he did.
    Chalk it up to oversensitivity. Not much you can do about that.
    Click here to see my system.

JSE
    Added a new category - Components.

I'm afraid to email Bturk - he might misinterpret my "come back" email for something completely different... hopefully he'll realize that there were no ill intentions or personal attacks on him. I'm still a little confused as to why he reacted the way he did.

He was in school so maybe the stress of finals this time of year got to him?

Or maybe he finally cracked because he ran out of weak arguments and could not hang anymore with facts and reality. Maybe that will get him back?

JSE

Forum Regular

sensitivity

Quote Originally Posted by jeskibuff
    Chalk it up to oversensitivity. Not much you can do about that.
    You cannot really guage that without knowing him. If anything, there is a lot of insensitivity here, and direct personal attacks. He might not differentiate that. Also consider, if english is not his first language, he might interpret things differently.

Some people don't enjoy getting called names, especially if they think they were called a freak. He might have a serious personal reason to be upset at that. I'd give him the benefit of the doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondek
    You cannot really guage that without knowing him. If anything, there is a lot of insensitivity here, and direct personal attacks. He might not differentiate that. Also consider, if english is not his first language, he might interpret things differently.

Some people don't enjoy getting called names, especially if they think they were called a freak. He might have a serious personal reason to be upset at that. I'd give him the benefit of the doubt.
    Oh well, we're way off topic here - let's get back to the gallery topic - everyone uploaded photos of their gear yet?

Oh well, we're way off topic here - let's get back to the gallery topic - everyone uploaded photos of their gear yet?
    Just did it, and the feature looks great! One comment though, with all the pulldown menus for the various audio components, it takes a long time for the page to load, especially when editing. As it is, there are a few categories missing like center and surround speakers, and non-digital sources like tape decks and turntables. Not sure if I would like pulldown menus for those given that the existing options already slow the page loading down quite a bit.

Forum Regular

? for Woochifer

Hey Woochifer,

Where did you get those super tall surround stands/mounts? How much did they cost?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by AZHT
    Hey Woochifer,

Where did you get those super tall surround stands/mounts? How much did they cost?

Thanks!
    Got them from Sound Anchor, and they cost $350 a pair. Yes, that's very expensive for a pair of stands, but there are very few stands that tall that can also support 30 lbs., which is what my surround speakers each weigh. Keep in mind that the stands also each weigh 65 lbs., support up to 100 lbs., and come prefilled and completely welded together (this is a lot more rugged than the flatpacked self-assembly stands that I use for my mains). You absolutely will not knock them over unless you try very hard! The adjustable stand that I use costs about $100 more than their regular stand, which can be custom built to any height you want and with the same prewelded and prefilled heavy gauge build.

If you go to their website, you should look over the Studio catalog rather than the Home catalog because the Studio catalog contains the taller stands and those the the models you can order directly from Sound Anchor. The Home catalog requires that you buy from a dealer.

http://www.soundanchor.com

The Adjustable Studio stand

The basic Project3 stand

Quote Originally Posted by Woochifer
    Just did it, and the feature looks great! One comment though, with all the pulldown menus for the various audio components, it takes a long time for the page to load, especially when editing. As it is, there are a few categories missing like center and surround speakers, and non-digital sources like tape decks and turntables. Not sure if I would like pulldown menus for those given that the existing options already slow the page loading down quite a bit.
    Yeah, we didn't have enough extra fields to cover each component, so we only did this with the big components... we probably won't be able to add anymore. We'll look into the page load speed.

Thread Information