July Movie Previews

As we are in the middle of summer blockbusters, here are couple to add to the list.

Ranked by release date:

The Legend of Tarzan:It has been years Tarzan left the jungles of Africa behind for a gentrified life as John Clayton III, Lord Greystoke. Now, he has been invited back to the Congo to serve as a trade emissary of Parliament, unaware that he is a pawn in a deadly convergence of greed and revenge.

Roseanne for President!: Comedian Roseanne Barr embarks on the most off-the-rails presidential campaign in U.S. history. What begins as a political journey becomes a raw and revealing portrait of a comedic icon.

The BFG:The exciting tale of a young London girl and the mysterious Giant who introduces her to the wonders and perils of Giant Country. Based on novel “The BFG” (Big Friendly Giant) published in 1982. Directed by Steven Spielberg.

Range 15:A group of veterans wake up after a night of partying to find out that the zombie apocalypse has spread across the United States.

The Secret Life of Pets: For one bustling Manhattan apartment building, the real day starts after the folks on two legs leave for work and school. That’s when the pets of every stripe, fur, and feather begin their own nine-to-five routine.

Cell: Stephen King’s best-selling novel thriller starring John Cusack and Samuel L. Jackson. At the Boston airport, Clay (Cusack) witnesses a scene of chaotic mayhem when an electronic signal turns hundreds of cell phone users into rabid killers.

Ghostbusters: 1984 "Ghostbusters" was Sony's top-grossing film ever until "Men in Black" and then all three "Spider-Man" films beat it out.

Star Trek Beyond: Director Justin Lin (“The Fast and the Furious”) at the helm of this epic voyage as Enterprise crew encounter a mysterious new enemy who puts them and everything the Federation stands for to the test.

Ice Age: Collision Course:Scrat’s epic pursuit of the elusive acorn catapults him into the universe where he accidentally sets off a series of cosmic events that transform and threaten the Ice Age World.

Jason Bourne: In the fifth installment of Universal Pictures’ Bourne franchise, Jason Bourne now remembering who he truly is, tries to uncover hidden truths about his past.

Thanks, Smokey,

I have to say that the only things with the slightest appeal to me are Who You Gonna Call? and the latest Jason Bourne flick. Both are sequels of course.

I loved the first two Ghostbusters movies and likewise all of the Bourne franchise so far.

Forum Regular Jack in Wilmington's Avatar
    Well there are some definite choices there. Star Trek Beyond we have to see, as my wife's best friend is a Trekie and she won't shut up until we see it. She heads for the Star Trek convention in Vegas the beginning of August, but I don't think we can hold out that long.

Seen all the Bourne movies so it makes sense to watch him try to put his past together.

Secret Life of Pets looks good also.

Not sure about Ghostbusters. Melissa McCarthy can be funny and she can get tedious.
    2 Channel System
    Dynaudio Contour 1.8 Mk II
    Pass Labs X150.5 (Amp)
    Cary SLP-03 (Preamp)
    Music Hall MMF 5.1 (TT)
    Goldring 1012GX (Cart.)
    Pro-ject SE II (Phono Box)
    Rotel RCD-1072 (CD Player)
    Bryston BDA-1 ( DAC )
    Sennheiser HD-600 (Headphones)
    Musical Fidelity Xcan V3 (Headphone Amp) _

HT System
    Usher X-719 (Mains)
    Usher X-616 (Center)
    Usher S-520 (Surrounds)
    Rel T2 (Subwoofer)
    Anthem MCA20 (Amp)
    Yamaha RX-A830 (Receiver)
    Panasonic TH-46PZ85U (Plasma TV)
    Denon DBT-1713UD (BluRay/SACD)

Suspended
    Hi Smokey, about time you stopped in

Not saying those couldn't be good, just not much original there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack in Wilmington View Post
    Well there are some definite choices there. Star Trek Beyond we have to see, as my wife's best friend is a Trekie and she won't shut up until we see it. She heads for the Star Trek convention in Vegas the beginning of August, but I don't think we can hold out that long.

Seen all the Bourne movies so it makes sense to watch him try to put his past together.

Secret Life of Pets looks good also.

Not sure about Ghostbusters. Melissa McCarthy can be funny and she can get tedious.
    Another Star Trek movie: no-o-o-o-o. My wife and daughter will want to see; personally I'd pay not to have to go with them. I've caught most of the new series on TV and hated it; I hated the original series movies too with the partial exception of The Journey Home.

Pets, forget it. I hate animated movies especially about small animals. So bite me but Ratatouille was the most over hyped crap that I've ever had to watch.

I just watched the 2016 Ghostbusters trailer and I was pretty disappointed; I'll probably see it anyway.

Forum Regular Jack in Wilmington's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Feanor View Post
    Another Star Trek movie: no-o-o-o-o. My wife and daughter will want to see; personally I'd pay not to have to go with them. I've caught most of the new series on TV and hated it; I hated the original series movies too with the partial exception of The Journey Home.

Pets, forget it. I hate animated movies especially about small animals. So bite me but Ratatouille was the most over hyped crap that I've ever had to watch.

I just watched the 2016 Ghostbusters trailer and I was pretty disappointed; I'll probably see it anyway.
    I've really enjoyed the new movies. Much better than most of the old ones. If I remember right Feanor, you didn't care much for the new Star Wars movie either. You say you hate animated movies but I bet you watch Family Guy and The Simpsons.
    2 Channel System
    Dynaudio Contour 1.8 Mk II
    Pass Labs X150.5 (Amp)
    Cary SLP-03 (Preamp)
    Music Hall MMF 5.1 (TT)
    Goldring 1012GX (Cart.)
    Pro-ject SE II (Phono Box)
    Rotel RCD-1072 (CD Player)
    Bryston BDA-1 ( DAC )
    Sennheiser HD-600 (Headphones)
    Musical Fidelity Xcan V3 (Headphone Amp) _

HT System
    Usher X-719 (Mains)
    Usher X-616 (Center)
    Usher S-520 (Surrounds)
    Rel T2 (Subwoofer)
    Anthem MCA20 (Amp)
    Yamaha RX-A830 (Receiver)
    Panasonic TH-46PZ85U (Plasma TV)
    Denon DBT-1713UD (BluRay/SACD)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack in Wilmington View Post
    I've really enjoyed the new movies. Much better than most of the old ones. If I remember right Feanor, you didn't care much for the new Star Wars movie either. You say you hate animated movies but I bet you watch Family Guy and The Simpsons.
    Got me there, Jack. I did watch plenty of Simpsons. (Not much Family Guy, though).]

Yeah, I hated the latest Star Wars; wouldn't be so bad if it weren't déjà vu all over again.

As a big original Star Trek fan, I enjoyed alo of their movies (including the TV series), although not to the same degree. But not too big fan of Next Generation Star Trek.

The last two movie installments of ST under J.J.Abram direction were ok too, with new young crew depicting Kirk, Spock and the rest. The actor Chris Pine who depict Kirk is kind of turn off to me. He is just too forward and too wild for role of Capt kirk.

The new ST movie will have a new director, so lets see how this movie does.

Didn’t care too much for original Ghost Busters, so will probably let this one slide also.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Peabody View Post
    Hi Smokey, about time you stopped in
    Thanks Mr Peabody. Although been busy, but do check in once in a while. Also it is summer and vacation time

Can a crooner get a gig? dean_martin's Avatar
    Thanks, Smokey! With a cast that includes Bill Shatner and Ron Jeremy and a movie with a target audience (service members & vets), Range 15 might catch on as a fun "B-movie" in the zombie catalog 10yrs from now. I'll try to get ahead of the curve and check it out.

Thread Information