Come all you hungry children to my arms...

New one from All Them Witches came out a couple weeks or so ago, had no idea this was coming, Lightning At The Door is a big favorite from a couple years ago, but Dying Surfer Meets His Maker is the new drug, got a hook on me, catch that buzz ... what a great record ...

Last edited by Davey; 12-05-2015 at 07:19 PM. Reason: can't spell for s h i t

Do you have Our Mother Electricity? If not I can upload it for you (EAC FLAC rip).
    Originally Posted by Troy: She has that same kind of cleft-pallet, slightly retarded way of singing that so many other people find endearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Slosh View Post
    Do you have Our Mother Electricity? If not I can upload it for you (EAC FLAC rip).
    Yea I do, thanks, what a great band. Still like that second one best, it's got it all, the songs, the atmosphere, the attitude, and even sounds good too, just a really nice record (and CD too). The new one is quite a bit more compressed, similar to the EP last year, but still sounds OK, and still great music.

Quote Originally Posted by Davey View Post
    New one from All Them Witches came out a couple weeks or so ago, had no idea this was coming, Lightning At The Door is a big favorite from a couple years ago, but Dying Surfer Meets His Maker is the new drug, got a hook on me, catch that buzz ... what a great record ...

Just got it from DeepDiscount and liking it so far. I guess I'll need the previous one, as you mentioned to Slosh. So little time, so much music...
    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

If you say the word 'gullible' very slowly it sounds just like oranges.

Quote Originally Posted by Swish View Post
    Just got it from DeepDiscount and liking it so far. I guess I'll need the previous one, as you mentioned to Slosh. So little time, so much music...
    Cool, really good band... if you buy enough records, once in a while you'll stumble on a good one

https://youtu.be/3Mp2RBaX1MA

Cool, really good band... if you buy enough records, once in a while you'll stumble on a good one

https://youtu.be/3Mp2RBaX1MA
    Well, I do have a lot of good ones but my CD cases are filled to the brim. I need to purge it of the mundane and mediocre once again. I have a box with hundreds sitting in my office closet, and will be adding dozens more to it apparently.
    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Swish View Post
    Well, I do have a lot of good ones
    My comment was intended more as self-deprecating music geek humor, guess that doesn't come across quite like in my mind, but you know, like if I buy enough records, the chances are that one of them I mention will be good. Monkeys, and keyboards, and Shakespeare? Do I have to draw a picture?

OK, back to some good old Richard Buckner, you can bank on that, he's golden from the start ...

My comment was intended more as self-deprecating music geek humor, guess that doesn't come across quite like in my mind, but you know, like if I buy enough records, the chances are that one of them I mention will be good. Monkeys, and keyboards, and Shakespeare? Do I have to draw a picture?

OK, back to some good old Richard Buckner, you can bank on that, he's golden from the start ...
    Well, I think I knew your intention, but I have to say that I do take a lot of chances and am disappointed more often than I care to admit. Some CDs just languish and I can't help thinking about all the money I have tied up in them...and how many more cases of Sip of Sunshine IPA I could buy, or maybe Langunitas Born Yesterday Pale Ale, which is about half the price and maybe 95% of the way there.

Buckner? Still digging Devotion + Doubt and Meadow. Good stuff for sure.

Thread Information