Forum Regular

SANYO AD 4090 speakers

Hi everyone,
    I'm new here. I am looking for a set of speakers (used) for a garage set up. The speakers don't have to be perfect but sound decent. Also not break the bank. I am looking at a set of these speakers and will probably hear them from the seller. Any info on these would be great. Thanks!
    D 4090 floor standing speakers

Suspended
    I'm not familiar with that exact model but Sanyo in general is entry level at best, department store type stuff. They may fit what you need I just wouldn't pay much for them.

Forum Regular
    Thanks, he is asking $45. I'll listen to them before I buy.

Forum Regular
    Even for $45 you can get something very decent (depending on where you're located) - as a fellow newbie here I feel a bit silly saying this but you might want to Google stuff before you post about it here. I look at about 100 used speaker listings a day, imagine if I posted a thread about every one I didn't know much about... it would be insane. There are literally thousands, possibly tens of thousands of models of speakers out there - probably Google them before you go asking about every one of those models.

A general rule of thumb with speakers is that, while the Japanese manufacturers made some very good electronics (vintage), for the most part their speakers (vintage) were not in the same category. The term "Kabuki" which applies to many vintage Japanese speakers is not a term of endearment. Kabuki usually refers to a lot of speakers in a box with a woofer that's too large and extremely under damped which results in no deep bass. However, if after an audition you like them, well, that's your choice.
    ARC SP9 MKIII, VPI HW19, Rega RB300
    Marcof PPA1, Shure, Sumiko, Ortofon carts, Yamaha DVD-S1800
    Behringer UCA222, Emotiva XDA-2, HiFimeDIY
    Accuphase T101, Teac V-7010, Nak ZX-7. LX-5, Behringer DSP1124P
    Front: Magnepan 1.7, DBX 223SX, 2 modified Dynaco MK3's, 2, 12" DIY TL subs (Pass El-Pipe-O) 2 bridged Crown XLS-402
    Rear/HT: Emotiva UMC200, Acoustat Model 1/SPW-1, Behringer CX2310, 2 Adcom GFA-545

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeE SP9 View Post
    The term "Kabuki" which applies to many vintage Japanese speakers is not a term of endearment.
    Anyone know the literal translation?

Thread Information