Thread: Just Joined!

AR Newbie Registered Member

Just Joined!

Hi all!

I am new to this site. I will probably have so many questions to come sooner or later.
    A little info about me....
    I am 22 in college living life. I revived my parents old stereo system about a year ago. It is all Fisher Studio Standard including....turntable, stereo amp, AM/FM tuner and a cassette deck. all from 1981 or 82.
    I love vinyl I do not even buy CDs anymore unless it is necessary. But I still use CDs for the car and what not. I will use this site to the fullest to figure out what to look for or not. I am glad there is a site like this with people dedicated to helping each other out!

Quote Originally Posted by johnmonnig View Post
    Hi all!

I am new to this site. I will probably have so many questions to come sooner or later.
    A little info about me....
    I am 22 in college living life. I revived my parents old stereo system about a year ago. It is all Fisher Studio Standard including....turntable, stereo amp, AM/FM tuner and a cassette deck. all from 1981 or 82.
    I love vinyl I do not even buy CDs anymore unless it is necessary. But I still use CDs for the car and what not. I will use this site to the fullest to figure out what to look for or not. I am glad there is a site like this with people dedicated to helping each other out!
    Welcome to AR Forums, John.

Ah! The '70s and early '80 were the heyday of home stereo. I particularly loved the "silver" components vs. the black that came in the '80s.

Does your Fisher receiver look anything like this one?

Suspended
    Welcome to AR. If you want your vinyl to keep sounding good keep it clean and replace it in the sleeve/cover when you are done.

Thread Information