Favorite 'In the Hood' movies

Its beautiful day in the neighborhood, or as they say in south central LA "Its beautiful day in the hood". Some of my favorite inner city movies.

Not in particular order:

Do The Right Thing: On hottest day of the summer, neighborhood's simmering racial tension come to an explosive end.

South Central: A father woved to rescue his son from a gang, even if it kills him.

Menace II Society: A gritty portrayal of urban violencen set in Watts. Very raw.

Clockers: A very under rated film by Spike Lee as street-level drug dealer who becomes entangled in a murder investigation.

Always Outnumbered: Power house performance by Laurence Fishburne as aging ex-con in LA who try to clean up his neiborhood.

Boyz n the Hood: The story about 3 friends growing up in the hood in South Central LA.

Poetic Justice: A very uneven film. The romance parts are cheesey, but urban setting its charactors are memorable.

Friday: A lighter look at daily lives in the hood.

High School High: As a parody of innerc city films, it get silly, but fun to watch.

You missed a few:

Outsiders (classic book also)
    End of watch (two officers that work the inner city)
    Colors (same as above)
    Street Kings
    Crooklyn
    HT
    Pioneer Elite SC lx502
    Pioneer Elite N50
    Pioneer Cassette CTM66R
    Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD

Vizio P series 2160p
    Panamax 5300 EX

Charm Thai™
    Juice is my favorite in this category but Boyz in the Hood is good too. I drank my fair share of 40's during my collegiate career that's for damn sure. St. Ides was my go to malt liquor haha. I remember the special New Years 1995 label with the colorful streamer stuff on the traditional black label.

Quote Originally Posted by recoveryone View Post
    You missed a few:Outsiders (classic book also)End of watch (two officers that work the inner city)Colors (same as above)Street KingsCrooklyn
    I have seen Outsiders, Colors and Crooklyn, but not seen the others. I probably consider End of watch and Street Kings as cop movies

Quote Originally Posted by TheHills44060 View Post
    Juice is my favorite in this category but Boyz in the Hood is good too. I drank my fair share of 40's during my collegiate career that's for damn sure. St. Ides was my go to malt liquor haha. I remember the special New Years 1995 label with the colorful streamer stuff on the traditional black label.
    Its been like 10 years since seen Juice, so mostly going by memory. 2pac is a good actor, but thought as a tough street gang member he might have been miscast. So its a give and take film for me

"Boyz in the Hood" is Tops for me.

"Menace To Society" comes in second
    "Don't Be a Menace to Society While Drinkin' Gin & Juice in the Hood". This Wayan's Brothers spoof on "hood" movies is scathing as it is scandalous.

Worf

Thread Information