3db
    Forum Regular

Secondary system has finally been completed.

My secondary system has now been completed from a speaker purchase POV. It started with a trade of a Blackberry Torch for a pair of original PSB Alphas to be used as my left/right mains. I already had a sub, a PSB Subsonic 5 which was replaced by a Rythmik LV-12R in my main system. This put me on the road to complete the center and surround speakers.

I picked up PSB 100c center channel in July for $75 and a pair of B Tech stands for $20 to support the Alphas. I picked up a pair of Alpha Mites and another pair of stands for $140. I now have two complete systems.

What's cool is the 2nd system is built on left overs and used components found on Kijijji, a site selling used everything .

That's what I'm talking about, good gear still to be had for a fraction of the cost and you get the enjoyment =priceless
    HT
    Pioneer Elite SC lx502
    Pioneer Elite N50
    Pioneer Cassette CTM66R
    Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD

Vizio P series 2160p
    Panamax 5300 EX

3db
    Forum Regular
    I finally had a chance to use the secondary system with all speakers in place and I'm happy with the sound given the non optimal speaker placement of the surrounds. However, I will need to move my DVD player from the bedroom to the secondary system to get Dolby Digital out. The DVD/VHS combo player has a digital coax line out and the Technics only accepts the fibre optic input (forgot the name for it at this point).

3db
    Forum Regular
    Some pics...

Secondary system has finally been completed.-img-20140709-00146.jpg

Secondary system has finally been completed.-img-20140709-00154.jpg

Secondary system has finally been completed.-img-20140106-00117-1.jpg

Secondary system has finally been completed.-img-20140924-00164.jpg

Secondary system has finally been completed.-img-20140924-00165.jpg

Hey! Congrats. Looking good.

3db
    Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Feanor View Post
    Hey! Congrats. Looking good.
    Thanks

3db
    Forum Regular
    I've located only one review on the AVR..and its a Technics SA-DX930. I'm looking for SA-DX940 although the two look identical. I recall one from Home Theater magazine stating thatthey were impressed with DX940 power delivery... but I cannot find that review.

S &V Magazine complained about its lack of dynamics but I see from the power measurements that it did not do all that bad.

From Sound and Vision Magazine,

Face Off: Budget Receivers Technics SA-DX930 | Sound & Vision

S &V Magazine complained about its lack of dynamics but I see from the power measurements that it did not do all that bad.

HT Labs Measures: Technics SA-DX930
    The above measurement shows that the SA-DX930's left amplifier channel, with two channels driving 8-ohm loads, began clipping at 0.009% distortion and 93.1 watts. The amp reaches 0.1% distortion at 117.4 watts and 1% distortion at 140.9 watts, as shown above. Into 4 ohms, the amplifier begins clipping at 109.2 watts and reaches 0.1% distortion at 144.9 watts and 1% distortion at 186.9 watts.

Thread Information