Thread: Dynaudio DM 3/7

Forum Regular

Dynaudio DM 3/7

I am trying to get a chance to audition these but until then wanted to see if anybody had any comments on them. I am going to drive them with a Musical Fidelity 3.2 cr amp and the source is a Music Hall 7.1 TT

Suspended
    We have a Dynaudio dealer and I've heard their product over the years and have owned some Contour prior to my current speakers. Although I haven't heard the exact model you are looking at I can highly recommend Dynaudio. If it's in your budget you might even want to listen to some Excite. Stepping up to the Excite series may be more in line with the system you have.

Suspended
    I'm with Mr P. I have not met a Dyn I didn't like. Although I have not heard this model, I have 2 pairs in the Audience lineup which went away several years ago only to return as the DM series or so it appears. Specs are almost identical other than a few mm in size one way or the other.

The 3/7s would be almost the same as the Audience 72s. I have the 82s and the 42s.

What you will get is good deep bass, highs a little rolled off at the top and a decent but not killer midrange. Placement may be key and I also spike my 82s on top og granite slabs for increased bass clarity.

It looks like your MF may compensate for some of the mids and will drive them fine. Dyns do like more power to excel.

Forum Regular
    Thanks for the info, I am going to audition some Excite X34's next Friday, hopefully they will allow me to bring in my Musical Fidelity Amp

Forum Regular
    Thanks for the feedback, I am auditioning a pair of Excite X34's, I am asking if I can bring my Musical Fidelity Amp

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by mjennings909 View Post
    Thanks for the feedback, I am auditioning a pair of Excite X34's, I am asking if I can bring my Musical Fidelity Amp
    I auditioned the X34's and liked them a lot. but I saw on Audiogon a pair of X38 that I can get for the same price as the X34's. They are a 9/10 in conditioned and only 4 months old. Jump on it?

Well if you like them they are a great way to go. I have the much older audience 60 which are good but I have had them a while and my system is moving past what they can do so I am going to upgrade them at some point. They are great speakers but I am thinking of moving in a livlier direction myself.

Marantz SR5008(HT)
    Nu Force P8 Preamp (2 channel)
    Pass Labs X150.5(2 channel)
    Adcom 545 mk2 power amp(rear channel amp)
    Spatial Audio M3 Turbo S Mains Speakers
    Dayton 8" HO custom sealed subwoofer(2 channel)
    Yamaha NS-c444 center channel
    Emotiva ERD-1 surround speakers
    JBL e250p subwoofer highly modified
    Samsung 46" LED TV
    OPPO BDP-83 blue ray/multi format player
    ps-audio NuWave dac (2 channel)
    Dell I660 music server running fidelizer windows 8 audio optimizer
    PS Audio Quintet power center

Forum Regular
    Long-term exposure can trigger asthma attacks and chemical bronchitis.
    https://www.foamprosedmonton.com

Thread Information