Thread: Tori Amos

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar

Tori Amos

I used to love Tori Amos. Her first three albums were favourites for a long time. Then she started getting a little weird and I lost interest. I haven't heard an album of her's since Boys For Pele (1996).

A good friend of mine has an extra ticket for Tori's show on Friday night and asked me if I'd like to go. Who am I to turn down a free concert? Of course I said yes.

To prepare for the show, I've been listening to Tori's latest release, Unrepentant Geraldines, on YouTube. It's freaking fantastic! Great songs, beautiful piano, and her voice is just gorgeous.

This may be the little nudge I needed to get back into her music. I just ordered the disk from Amazon and I'm going to have to go back in the catalogue to see what I've missed over the last 18 years.

It's hard to believe that it's been 22 years since Little Earthquakes came out. Yikes!

If you're even a little bit of a Tori Amos fan, you should check out this disk.

Forum Regular
    I don't know anything about her music but it sounds like you are in for a good night.
    old Denon
    older Bose
    new Velodyne sub
    new Sony 1080 LCD & BluRay
    Big, clean sound @ 800 watts

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    I'm revisiting her first album, Little Earthquakes, this morning. I forgot what a fantastic album this is. Not a bad song on it.

Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications
    Late to the party but if you like her new one and her early stuff I highly recommend Scarlet's Walk. My fav and often considered her best work.

And yeah, she's got 4 or 5 albums I just avoid completely (though my wife can go pretty deep with Tori Amos). I also really liked her Her Christmas...err, winter seasonal/holiday album.

Hope you enjoyed the show

And I agree, Unrepentant Geraldines is pretty good.

I like when she shoots beavers off the piano bench.

Thread Information