June Movie Previews

June seem to be a very slow month for summer blockbusters.

Ranked by release date:

Edge of Tomorrow: The epic action of unfolds in a near future in which an alien race has hit the Earth in an unrelenting assault, unbeatable by any military unit in the world.

How to Train Your Dragon 2: When one of their adventures leads to the discovery of a secret ice cave that is home to hundreds of new wild dragons and the mysterious Dragon Rider, the two friends find themselves at the center of a battle to protect the peace.

Jersey Boys: Clint Eastwood’s big screen version of the Tony Award-winning musical tells the story of the four young men from the wrong side of the tracks in New Jersey who came together to form the iconic `60s rock group The Four Seasons.

Transformers: Age of Extinction: An ancient, powerful Transformer menace sets Earth in his crosshairs.

Thanks, Smokey,

'Edge of Tomorrow' I could see myself watching. I haven't seen a good sci-fi flick in a while. 'Edge' fairly good viewer and critic reviews.

Big science. Hallelujah. noddin0ff's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Feanor View Post
    Thanks, Smokey,

'Edge of Tomorrow' I could see myself watching. I haven't seen a good sci-fi flick in a while. 'Edge' fairly good viewer and critic reviews.
    Heh. I don't believe it. Watched Jack Reacher last night and have decided that Cruise is no longer capable of making a good movie. However, I don't necessarily equate 'good' with 'entertaining' so go for it and let me know!
    TCA ATT GGA

Quote Originally Posted by noddin0ff View Post
    Heh. I don't believe it. Watched Jack Reacher last night and have decided that Cruise is no longer capable of making a good movie. However, I don't necessarily equate 'good' with 'entertaining' so go for it and let me know!
    I agree... "Jack Reacher" was a bad joke... Cruise strikes me as being about as tough as a used diaper. "Oblivion" had some interesting twists, but certainly not enough to justify his bloated salary.

Worf

Yeah I think Tom Cruise has started to reach his end of movie making or at least making big blockbuster ones. I have noticed over the years that he is limited to what he can do and basically plays the same type of parts in every movie he plays in. Remember Valkyrie, he acted about as German as a taco in that movie and it just made it terrible.

Marantz SR5008(HT)
    Nu Force P8 Preamp (2 channel)
    Pass Labs X150.5(2 channel)
    Adcom 545 mk2 power amp(rear channel amp)
    Spatial Audio M3 Turbo S Mains Speakers
    Dayton 8" HO custom sealed subwoofer(2 channel)
    Yamaha NS-c444 center channel
    Emotiva ERD-1 surround speakers
    JBL e250p subwoofer highly modified
    Samsung 46" LED TV
    OPPO BDP-83 blue ray/multi format player
    ps-audio NuWave dac (2 channel)
    Dell I660 music server running fidelizer windows 8 audio optimizer
    PS Audio Quintet power center

Quote Originally Posted by harley .guy07 View Post
    Yeah I think Tom Cruise has started to reach his end of movie making or at least making big blockbuster ones. I have noticed over the years that he is limited to what he can do and basically plays the same type of parts in every movie he plays in.
    Cruise is probably better dramatic actor than in action films. In movies like Jerry Mcguire and The Firm shows that he is a good dramatic actor. And yet not so good in action films like Mission Impossible. It does not measure up to the original TV show

Thread Information